Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys & gals.
I had velcro holding my cb to the side of the console. Now it doesn't hold anymore so I used the mounting bracket. How do I get the glue from the velcro off the vinyl console.
Thanks.
Bless yas †

·
Registered
838 Posts
May want to try this in an inconspicuous spot first, but WD40 works too. Spray it first on a rag, apply it to the side panel, scrub a bit, wipe it off.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Ditto on the GooGone and WD-40!

·
8,143 Posts
I'd try Goo-Gone first -- I'd bet that would do it. If that fails I got something sticky off our old Saturn with a dab of gasoline on a paper towel, but that was on a hard finish plastic piece. As Mike Flea said above, test the solvent in an inconspicuous spot first, and in any event, use as little as possible. I'd avoid lacquer thinner because I bet it would attack the plastic dashboard. Seems likely the adhesive would dissolve before the dashboard suffered damage. If whatever you choose to use leaves a dull spot, try shining it up with Armor-all or similar product.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
I seem to recall that back in the 80's, Ford recommended using WD-40 to remove gum and other undesirables from their velour upholstery.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts