Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 jeep patriot. I am trying to install a coldair intake but I am having trouble with it. Is there away to modify the stock airbox to make it easier to make into a cold air intake

·
Registered
Patriot '09, 2,4 cvt 4wd
120 Posts
Why, it wont bring you anything.
If you want to "modify," install a K&N inlay airfilter.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Patriot, North Ed.
287 Posts
I second that. Any benefit you could gain would be negated by the computers management. The sound and response might change a bit and you'll likely see slightly worse fuel economy.

This isn't an older car with mostly mechanical control and little engineering. These are vehicles where everything was designed to maximize performance in one way or another. The stock airbox with its scoop is basically close enough to a cold air intake already and was engineered to reduce turbulent flow of air.

Even if the computer wasn't nerfing the system (with good cause) you wouldn't see much increase over the stock box. A lot of people keep trying to pump the HP on the Patriot up and I've said this before, but here I go again, that is a terrible idea. Look up the specs for the output of the motor and the max hp/torque the trans can handle and you'll understand why Chrysler locked it down

Reactions: RonD and mr_et2
1 - 3 of 3 Posts