Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've seen that others like myself want to beef up the factory horn. Some of the threads already posted are very helpful, but they lack some detail.

Can anyone help explain exactly how to get to the horn(s)?

I examined the front bumper/grill, driver-side fender, and front driver-side wheel-well today and it was very confusing as to which parts must come off, and which ones can stay on.

Can someone please explain in detail what it takes to accomplish this?

Thank you,

James

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just a question?

The horn on my Patriot is pretty good, I haven't seen it yet but it is reasonably loud and appears to be a dual set up.

Are they all The same?
:confused:

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
Export / Aus/Uk/ Europe have decent twin tone horns....I believe the domestic US horn is a single tone Pip Squeek Micky Mouse offering!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Cool, thanks for the quick reply... I wondered why they were complaining about the horn, it's one of the better ones!

What's with the wombat? are you an Aussie?

·
Registered
90 Posts
i did a little searching to see if anyone else noticed how much the North American 'riots horn SUCKS!.... my god, you can easily over power the sound of the horn with your voice :doh:

I'm looking at a nice Train horn alternative because they're so many bad drivers that live in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) that regular horns do absolutely nothing for you... im thinking 160-180db will fix that ;) and YES it is legal, unless you are within 500-100ft of train tracks. or something like that... (for obvious reasons)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts