Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to determine how many amps my alternator is that I will be replacing in my 2009 Jeep Patriot sport 2.4L

On ebay I see 140 amps and 120 amps. Is there a definitive way to which is the correct for my engine?

Thanks very much
Mike

·
Administrator
6,275 Posts
Try using the VIN number to get a build sheet, it should list the alternator size.

If for some reason that doesn't work, PM JeepCares with your VIN, they should be able to tell you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for this info. Using your link and instructions I was able to find out that it is a 120 amp alternator.

I have an off topic question I wonder if you might know the answer to. I accidentally purchased disc rotors and brakes for the rear of my jeep. I foolishly assumed that because my front brakes were disc, my back would be too but they are drum brakes.

Im curious though- Could I use these back rotors to replace my front rotors ? I guess I’m essentially asking in back disc rotors and front disc rotors are interchangeable.

thanks very much for all your help
Mike

Try using the VIN number to get a build sheet, it should list the alternator size.

If for some reason that doesn't work, PM JeepCares with your VIN, they should be able to tell you.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,268 Posts
No, they are not interchangeable.

·
Administrator
6,275 Posts
Thanks very much for this info. Using your link and instructions I was able to find out that it is a 120 amp alternator.

I have an off topic question I wonder if you might know the answer to. I accidentally purchased disc rotors and brakes for the rear of my jeep. I foolishly assumed that because my front brakes were disc, my back would be too but they are drum brakes.

Im curious though- Could I use these back rotors to replace my front rotors ? I guess I’m essentially asking in back disc rotors and front disc rotors are interchangeable.

thanks very much for all your help
Mike
You're welcome Mike

No, the rotors won't interchange.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts