Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car broke down right before I headed home for winter break :doh: and at this point there is no longer any reason to keep putting money into it.

So I'm in need of a new car and I really like the Patriot because of its off road capabilities, its fuel economy, and its price, since I have to commute an hour to work everyday while on breaks and I have to drive to college which is three hours away.

It seems that the MSRP can range anywhere from $15k to $28k, so I'm just wondering how much you guys actually paid for yours (if you feel comfortable sharing).

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
That range is due to options, a 2wd is the lowest cost, then the Sport 4x4, then the sport trail rated, then to any you can add several thousand with options.

Mine is a Sport, trail rated with A/C, but base radio, no power locks or windows, no heated seats, etc, and was mid 17K's with incentives and discounts.

I priced a 2011 the same as my 08 and it's not much more.

·
Patriot Crash Test Dummy
1,357 Posts
mid 17K's with incentives and discounts.
Thats about right. Mine was 19K not counting the $1500 rebate. so $17,500 all said and done. I love the fact that AC costs about $900 again.... FAIL

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
on the 11's, I was thinking an upgraded stereo would be nice, but to get that I had to add a package that was about 3 grand more. That's too much for a better stereo, at least for me.

·
Patriot Crash Test Dummy
1,357 Posts
Thats the reason I dont have many options on mine. Bundling. There were a few things Id like to have but it seems to get what you want, you wind up with a dozen things you dont want or need. Ordering a custom built one from the factory is one way to go I suppose, but sometimes thats not really an option. In my case, I no longer had a vehicle so waiting a couple months wasnt really an option. And dealerships love ordering vehicles that are either bare bones or loaded as their on hand stock.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If I were to order a Patriot from the factory, would I have more control on what I want and don't want on the Patriot?

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
Yes, more control than just picking whatever the dealer ordered to have on the lot. But, they still have the "packages" for a lot of the options. The only package I really can't do without, is the off road package. I ordered my 08 because the only FDII's around were more loaded than I wanted.

It's a fairly long wait though when you order one, something like 6-8 weeks.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I got an 09, automatic trans, only 14k miles 4x4 sport, for 15k out the door including tax, reg etc... in north ca. so you might get it little cheaper in smaller state etc..

·
2012 POTY
6,154 Posts
I got mine 2010 FDI 4x4 w/ convenience package and GAP w/o sunroof for $20k. You might score very well on a used one with low mileage since 2011 came out. Or even if you buy now, you might be able to pick up 2010 with great discounts.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Weatherman,

I would think you can always get one of these at invoice, for the most part. That's easy to find out at Kelley Blue Book or Edmunds sites. Check current incentives on the Jeep site for your area; again easy to find out. Some dealers have 1% or maybe 2% below invoice now. You can find deals using the locator function of the Jeep site when you build your own.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
2009 Jeep patriot 2.0 CRD Limited 4x4 (VW-Audi Diesel engine,manual 6 gear trans) ,FD -european version (they say it is a combination between FDI and FDII-never got how that is but that's what they say)
Trail rated
All electronics (ESP,anti-rollover,traction control,EBS-emergency braking system,ABS)
Boston top of the range Hi-Fi (with incorporated subwoofer)
Instant heating winter pack
Tinted rear windows (all 4 power windows) and tail window
Roof rack rails
Tow bar

25k euros (about 33k USD)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just bought a 2011 Latitude 4x2 a couple of weeks ago. The sticker price was $22,515. Base price was $19,965. The CVT II added $1285. The 430 Media Center was another $640. SIRIUS added $195 and there was a $700 destination charge. I ended up at $20,024 out the door. That included a $1,000 rebate. The Latitude has the "preferred customer package 24N" (I think that's it, don't have the sticker in front of me).

Btw, I don't believe the rebate is still offered (think it expired Dec 31st).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hello!

Just bought a 2007 4x4 Patriot Sport this afternoon! (Traded in my '06 Ford F-150 pickup, which I liked a lot - but was terrible in gas mileage, plus needed new brake rotors and had $2,000 or so in rear-end damage after a guy hit me on the interstate when traffic stopped suddenly.)

I got this one with about 44K miles on it, but very clean condition and with a 6 month full warranty from the dealership for $13,950.

BTW: Is there anything they really changed between 2007 and 2008 models? I saw a couple 2008's for sale, but both had more mileage than this '07 and cost about $1,000 more.....

·
Registered
600 Posts
2010 Patriot 4x4 Latitude - $22,800 out the door. This includes -$1,500 rebate, +$1,400 in taxes. MSRP was $23,595

·
Registered
85 Posts
2011 Patriot Sport 4x4 with wheel package
$23200 out the door which didn't include the
rebate cause I took the 0% for 36 months
purchased Sunday 1/16/11
I searched from north of Atlanta for a couple
hundred miles for the lowest price and went
to Crossville Tn for mine

[/IMG]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ive spent $42,000 Aus on my patriot.. thats the manual sport but i decked it out coz i wanted a manual

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got a 2010 patriot with sport wheels no sunroof no power locks/windows automatic transmission 4x2 and an upgraded radio for 18k at 0% interest for 60 months

1 - 20 of 26 Posts