Jeep Patriot Forums banner

41 - 60 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Posted elsewhere on this site but thought I would post here on Canada regional forum too.

Have now put on 20267 km (12593 miles)
used 2157 l or 475 Imp Gal or 570 US Gal of fuel
MPG = 22.1 miles/US Gal or 26.5/Imp Gal
l/100 km = 10.6

This is pretty close to my last posting, average is staying average. Haven't had cold winter yet (reduces mileage) or much headwind, not much air conditioning use etc. Mostly highway driving still and not much city except expressway driving, 10-20% off road.

Have been squeezing out 500-550 km per tank but it has gotten tense at times rolling into the gas station wondering how much fumes I had left.

Worst is 12.3 l/100 km, 22.9 mpg Imp, 19.1 mpg US with mostly (over 80%) light duty off road driving.

Most I have gotten in a tank is 56 l = 12.3 Imp Gal = 14.8 US gal

CVT2 trail rated Patriot North--I agree the gas tank is TOO SMALL:mad: (but at least I knew this when I bought it so no one else to blame but me--I have been looking at the Liberty's for 2008 and their mileage on the highway is not much different than the Patriot yet they have a much bigger tank:wow:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
How many km on one tank of gas (diesel)

Hi,

I haven't logged that many km/miles (or whatever you prefer) on my Patriot so far, but it seems to easily go for more than 800km on a full tank. I'm driving the diesel CRD version. The driving so far has mostly been mixed (city/highway), and with the 51 liter tank volume, I seem to fill up about 47-49 liter when filling the tank. I haven't really kept any record on the consumption, so no exact data available....

Safe driving! :pepper:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi,

I haven't logged that many km/miles (or whatever you prefer) on my Patriot so far, but it seems to easily go for more than 800km on a full tank. I'm driving the diesel CRD version. The driving so far has mostly been mixed (city/highway), and with the 51 liter tank volume, I seem to fill up about 47-49 liter when filling the tank. I haven't really kept any record on the consumption, so no exact data available....

Safe driving! :pepper:
800km/tank? I hate you...:notworthy:

·
Registered
348 Posts
just filled up - 682k 42l gauge said I had 87 k left so just under 800k per tank or 7l per 100k 50% highway and 50% city driving

where are you from PatriotDriver?

·
Registered
15 Posts
CRD for me!

Hey there!

I'm from Finland and cruising in my Patriot here. I've read about people getting better performance etc. from their Pat's after the first oil change / service. I took my moped to the first service (voluntary, but still...) at 2500km, but honestly can't say that I've noticed any changes whatsoever... Perhaps with time? The "mandatory" service in every 15000km or once a year.

Have to agree that it is shame that you guys on the North American continent don't yet have the option of the CRD. :D It rocks! Very nice torque, low consumption and CO2 emissions....

PatDrvr :pepper:

·
Registered
348 Posts
PatDrvr

the diesel just too wear in - they take about 8 to 10000k

my brothers 300c 3l crd was getting about 11-12l per 100k before motor was 10000k
since then getting 8-9l per 100k

it just means you need to drive your little crd patriot as I do mine ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I correct my post--Patriot needs a bigger gas tank AND CRD availability in North America:pepper:. Does any CRD come with low range over there (CVTII transmission)?

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Just got back from a quicl trip to Nova Scotia - about 700 kms round trip - 80% highway - 470 km on tank- Temp was -8 C Average speed (with cruise on) was 108kph. I did hit 140 for a few seconds when passing. I am satisfied that I can get a little over 500 kms per tank in summer ( I Have 4000kms on car now)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have now almost 14000 km and never used over 9.8lt /100. Average has been between 8.2 and a high of 9.8lt/100. This includes highway driving at just below 120 km/h and about 30% city. I do expect a little lower mileage in the up coming cold weather. I do reset the evic at every fill up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
CRD gearbox

Hi,

I'm afraid the CRD over here is available only with the 6-speed manual gearbox... Would have liked an automatic one, but quite happy with the manual as well :Racing:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Also no low range

but if you want low range - cherokee, wrangler wrangler unlimited, Grand cherokee and commander all have low range and come in diesel motors here in Australia

so no need for the patriot or compass to have a low range

·
Registered
231 Posts
My first tank gave me 500+ km before filling up, right after the light came on (mostly city - but minimal stop & go). I'm on my 2nd tank now, and I have about 900+ km total on my Jeep so far... sill has about 1/4 tank left. I assume similar results until the engine has broken in completely.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I am averaging 500-600 km (310-373 miles). I broke 600 km on a recent road trip, but then I filled up with 51 L.

As the tank is 51 L I think I ran ran it down to fumes !

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm on my 2nd tank now (1/4 tank left, at approx 450 km this trip so far). Total km put on the Jeep so far is about 900+ km. My first tank gave me a little over 500 km before filling up, right after the light came on - mostly city driving ...though minimal stop & go. I don't floor the acceleration and I rarely do any hard braking. I also shift gears accordingly - close to what is suggested in our owner's manual. I'd rather get there 10 secs later and save fuel...

What Ive also noticed, long hwy drives make a big difference by the speed you're going - as little as driving 100-120 km/hr VERSUS 90-100 km/hr steadily. For example, on one of my 530km drives, it took me about half hour longer (if even) by going 90-100 km/hr the whole way, but saved myself 100-120 km worth of gas (on a '91 Mazda Protege, 5 spd).

·
POTM November 2008
8,921 Posts
580km on a tank. 360 miles.

Gas powered 2.4 4x4 5 speed all stock, no mods.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I did 500 kms with my first tank of gas. I bought the Jeep with 50 kms on it...Will let you know if it gets better. This is already better than my Liberty :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Milege in KM will vary for me.

When I go to work, which is nearly all highway...44KM one-way:

With the A/C on, with some stop-and-go traffic, I will get about 450KM

With the A/C OFF, with some stop-and-go traffic, I can get upwards to about 520KM MAX.

(Note that both figures are based on roughly 46L of gas consumed)

Overall, the fuel consumption is good for this type of vehicle. If not, one of the best. However, once you start comparing gas consumption to cars with 4-cylinder motors, you'll drive yourself up the wall!

41 - 60 of 203 Posts
About this Discussion
202 Replies
134 Participants
5speed
Jeep Patriot Forums
Join our community to discuss the Jeep Patriot & Jeep Compass. Find answers to all your Jeep Patriot technical questions.
Full Forum Listing