Jeep Patriot Forums banner

201 - 203 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone, I just bought a 2007 jeep patriot trail rated 4x4, with the cvt transmission.it has about 216,000 kms. On a full tank of gas I'm getting about 400 kms that's doing city/ highway driving. Is that normal? If so is there anything I can do to help improve the fuel mileage?

·
7,587 Posts
Hello everyone, I just bought a 2007 jeep patriot trail rated 4x4, with the cvt transmission.it has about 216,000 kms. On a full tank of gas I'm getting about 400 kms that's doing city/ highway driving. Is that normal? If so is there anything I can do to help improve the fuel mileage?
First off, I see this is your first post. Welcome to the site!

For comparison my FWD 2.4 CVT approached 325 to a tank driving easy at 50MPH (80KMH).
Wife's FWD 2.0 5-spd manual gets 330 under similar circumstances.
These are both bare bones vehicles.

Since you're dragging around an additional differential with a lower ratio drive-train I'd say you're about the expected range.

·
Registered
149 Posts
First off, I see this is your first post. Welcome to the site!

For comparison my FWD 2.4 CVT approached 325 to a tank driving easy at 50MPH (80KMH).
Wife's FWD 2.0 5-spd manual gets 330 under similar circumstances.
These are both bare bones vehicles.

Since you're dragging around an additional differential with a lower ratio drive-train I'd say you're about the expected range.
I usually average 30mpg or better @70mph. I would expect much better if driving easy at 50mph.

201 - 203 of 203 Posts