Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many KM's are you guys all getting on a tank of gas?

I am lucky to get 325km if it is all highway. Some tanks are about 280km. The dealership tells me it is so low as I am in the break in period, and that by 15,000km it will be better. I currently have 3000km on my Jeep.

I find this to be just horrible. I am at the gas station almost every day. I can barely make it to my cottage on a tank of gas!

I was hoping that computer reprogramming issue that was posted on here would help this out, but the dealership said I have the most up to date software version already installed.

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
shouldnt be that much of a difference

I am lucky to get 325km if it is all highway. Some tanks are about 280km. The dealership tells me it is so low as I am in the break in period, and that by 15,000km it will be better. I currently have 3000km on my Jeep.

I find this to be just horrible. I am at the gas station almost every day. I can barely make it to my cottage on a tank of gas!

I was hoping that computer reprogramming issue that was posted on here would help this out, but the dealership said I have the most up to date software version already installed.
during break in period,
if anything should be getting better mileage as people tend to drive very conservatively during break in,
mileage from what i have seen varies from 21mpg/33kpg to 27mpg/43kpg
I am currently getting 21mpg/33kpg on my 4x4 FDII and fill up about every 250miles/402km that should be toward the low end
and i havent seen much of a difference between highway city mileage both getting about the same mileage

·
Dazed & Confused
409 Posts
539km on the highway when the light came on and about 450 in town :smiley_thumbs_up: oh!, and have about 4000kms on it.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Hi,
I did 405km with the first tank of gas. And that was all on the highway. I only had 10km on the car when i got it. That was at 120km/h.
I have 1200 km on the jeep now and i'm doing around 23 mpg. Wich is 10.11L/100km. It give me around 380 to 390 with a tank. A bit more because i don't wait till it's empty to fill it. I find it really good on gas actually. We go a little bit more at the gas station, but it's a smaller tank that's why. I love it so far. Oh and i have the Jeep patriot north. The trail rated version with all the offroad gear under. So I think it would be the one drinking the most

·
Registered
85 Posts
i'm currently around 3000kms and average around just over 400+ clicks on mine before refueling, and the cost is averaging at about just a little over $40. at the pump. didn't find much of a difference when fueling at .97cents a litre as compared to $1.07, not sure exactly why. Tank wasn't completely empty when refueling, just a little under a quarter tank.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a 2007 4x4 with a 5 speed.
I have noticed that the speed that you drive at, as a lot to do with the fuel economy you get.

at 80 km/h I get about 7.5-8.0 l/100km
at 90 km/h I get about 8.0-9.0 l/100km
at 100 km/h I get about 9.0-10.0 l/100km
at 110 km/h I get about 10.0-11.0 l/100km
at 120 km/h and over I am lucky to get 11.0 l/100km

In the city, it gets about 10.0 l/100km

I get around 500km to a tank of gas which is about 75% hwy and 25% city driving.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
I am getting 530 combined on a tank of fuel. Remember folks it is not good to run your tank low all the time, very hard on the extremely expensive fuel pump assembly as it depends on the fuel to cool the pump.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a 4x4 with the cvt transmission.

Does anyone have any idea why my mileage is so low? The most KM's I have had on a tank is about 360KM and that was all highway and the tank was bone dry!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Got about 380 kms with my very first tank on my 08' 4X2 w/CVT2 (all conservative city driving). Very happy w/the Pat overall. Haven't had a chance to really try the autostick yet.

·
Registered
207 Posts
2008 4x2 2.4L CVT

For a 12 gal tank I'm seeing about 360mi/575km.
Holy Cow! -- that is very miserly. How many miles on your new Pat? -- not that many I would think. I wonder if the elevation makes a diff? Is Eugene close to sea level or more inland? The elevation is about 2900 ft. here in central Alberta. Have you used the Autostick yet? I'm contemplating a K&N filter for its performance & efficiency gains -- I've had a K&N on every vehicle I've owned -- I love the whooshing sound the K&N makes when you floor it (of course, for the sake of fuel economy, I won't be flooring the Pat unless I have to).:icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Let me know how you get that!! Remember guys the tank is pretty small for a SUV
just picked up my CRD Ltd today

has under 1/2 a tank - brand new getting 9.0 per 100k so should get about 550-600 k per tank till the engine wears in then should be closer to 750-800k

will let you know how it goes

PS the car is a gem ...so smooth and so much grunt just glides up and down hills

·
Registered
111 Posts
I get about 400kms per tank and that's going all the way until the gas light pops up and driving a bit with it on. We did all city driving, our Pat did no do any highway yet. Same as my 1998 CRV, but my honda Civic on the same tank of gas get about 575 hihihiih... but we love our truck no matter...

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just did a 2290k round trip NOTL to Quebec City and Montreal (just turned 5000k), used 193l of gasoline. Set cruise at 115k to 118k on the highway (401,40) with AC on about 80% of the time. I do not 'baby' the Pat, but watch traffic at least three cars ahead. If I drive in Toronto and access 407 the ramp speed is about 100K as the traffic moves at 120k. Never had the system show over 9.7l per tank. (4x4 automatic)

1 - 20 of 203 Posts
About this Discussion
202 Replies
134 Participants
5speed
Jeep Patriot Forums
Join our community to discuss the Jeep Patriot & Jeep Compass. Find answers to all your Jeep Patriot technical questions.
Full Forum Listing