Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I puto 2 kits ? Two 1.5 lift kit like doble? Would it be possible? maybe a mechanic could do it

·
Super Moderator
5,381 Posts
With stock suspension parts and drive line, and be reliable?

Short answer, no.

The stock suspension and drive line can barely handle a 2" lift without having CV joint, alignment, handling, ride and other suspension issues.

·
Fiat Cherokar
3,103 Posts
You can get almost 3" with 30.5" tires and a RRO lift kit, but be prepared your suspension and axles will wear out faster

·
Fiat Cherokar
3,103 Posts
Dont do it. The stock suspension cant handle it. It will ride like crap over bumps
I only had issues with the CV axles, but I also wheeled harder than most people did.

I upgraded to Monroe Sensatrac struts, much smoother ride and never had any issues with them, again only the CV axles and as long as you aren't doing full send you will be fine.

Ground clearance isn't the limiting factor on this platform, the lack of low range is.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Faster means, how long?
It'll depend on if you do or not off roading...And the type of off roading. Mine went bad in a year just living in the forest and doing some off roading. For what you have to spend on the kit and later repairs, it's not worth it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts