Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A BIG Hello to all Jeep Patriot owners and fans,

I`m George and live in central Europe - Czech Republic. A small country, some US guys might even have to look at a map to see were it is :). But even so it has some well known products and names - like the original Pilsner and Budweiser beers or a few players in the NHL (maybe Jager ring a bell?).
Anyways - I got my Patriot at the end of September 2008 after doing a fairly long and tiresome research on what my next ride should be. I test drove Sorento, Suzuki Grand Vitara, Toyota RAV4, Honda CR-V, Subaru Foerster, Nissan Qashqai and X-trail, Mitsubishi Outlander, Renault Koleos, VW Tiguan and even a VW Touareg. My priorities and concerns were:

1) Looks and image of the car.
To me, most of todays SUVs with their fancy lines and curves look very similar and sometimes rather wacko, they copy styling ideas from one another and then just melt and disappear in the crowd anyway. This trend has been going on for years and I`m simply tired of looking at all those „creations“. I know it`s a matter of everyones personal taste but when I look, say, at the latest generation Honda CR-V from the front or the side I don`t like it and I`m not going to buy it just because it`s a Honda. The Jeep Patriot on the other hand is an original a continuator of the Jeep legend, looks like no other SUV on the market and I loved it at first sight. It`s boxy shape is practical for interior room and the straightforward lines give an impression of solidness, class and self-confidence.

2) Comfort and convenience.
All the vehicles I tried out had some bigger or smaller issues that irritated me - like for example the RAV4 - my left leg didn`t have enough space and was hitting the sharp protruding part of the door panel with the window buttons all the time, my arms couldn`t reach the arm rests even with the seat all the way down, the ride was wobbly and the steering over assisted. In most of the cars you can`t see the rounded and down sloping hood from the driver`s seat, just the windshield and then the road, which to me feels weird - like the car has no front end and that ones legs are sticking out under the dash into the open. I like to see a nice big and massive hood in front of me (like in the Patriot), making you feel confident, secure and cozy inside the cabin. The Touareg for instance is an impressive vehicle, has the big hood, the looks, the quality, nice dash, all kinds of available bells and whistles and electronics, etc. BUT - when test driving it I noticed that I can`t rest my left arm comfortably on the door arm rest, my elbow hitting and rubbing the B pillar all the time. When I mentioned this to the sales person, you wouldn`t believe what he told me :mad:.... he said that when driving the car, you`re supposed to have both your hands on the steering wheel and not use the armrest. Well that really pi…:censored: ehm… turned me off and that was that for the Volks (Peoples) Wagen. I`m not willing to pay 3 times the price of a Patriot for a Touareg just to show off while having to wear a hockey elbow protector when driving it. Also some vehicles (incl. the VW) have very narrow front side windows, so that half of your head is at the B pillar level, which - at least to me - feels uncomfortable, restricts your view to both sides and can be a threat in an accident. Now look at the side profile of the Patriot - large front doors and wide windows, your head is clear of the B pillar with unobstructed left/right side view and a much lower risk of injury in an accident. Same thing with the windshield. Just about every car nowadays has it aerodynamicaly sloped and streched out almost over your head as if you`re expected to suntan your face and watch the sky, planes or birds while driving. The Patriot`s windshield is more vertical and placed well ahead of you, giving you a spacious cabin feel, a narrower, focused view of the road and the longer roof up front shields you from the sun and excesive light, thus creating a more intimate and private atmosphere inside the vehicle.

In this connection though, I`d like to share a curious experience that I had with the Patriot, something that never happened to me before in my whole life. Having the new Pat for only a few days, I went for a drive on a sunny day, cruising along a highway at aprox. 130 km/h (80 mph), no traffic- a perfectly relaxed ride. I noticed, with the corner of my eye, some kind of a bird comming in my direction from above a forest on the right hand side of the freeway but I didn`t pay any extra attention - just another bird in the sky right? Well, not exactly - the thing suddenly came down right at me in a dive, kamikatze style, and before I knew it, it was just a few meters away in a dead collision course with my all new, all shiny Jeep. Only now did I see and realize how BIG it is – it`s wing span must`ve been something like 2 meters (7 feet) and I could also see the jumbo claws with at least 2 inch (5 cm) clutches hanging down. I hit the brakes but it was too late – the eagle, hawk, buzzard or whatewer it was smacked on my windscreen at about the rearview mirror level and went over the roof, making a scratching noise. I almost had a heart attack :eek: from the schock but, thank goodness, didn`t panic and managed to keep the car straight. In the rearview mirror I saw the Jurrasic Park creature gaining height again and aiming for the sky, so it probably didn`t come to any serious harm either. I took the next exit, inspected the car and, as one could expect, there were some scratches on the front end of the roof (windshield O.K. thank God). The scratches came off easily later at home with a gentle abrasive paste and after a little wax and polish treatment one can hardly notice anything now. But I keep wondering, what makes a bird, even this large, charge down from the sky like that and hit a fast moving car. These things are said to have perfectly sharp long distance eye sight and just can`t mistake a big car with some pray. The only explanation is that the bird either tried to commit suicide or maybe it`s just a Jeep lover (like we are) and thought from the distance it was a Matchbox Jeep Patriot so he rushed down to grab it :). I`m always wary and slow down when there are bushes, trees or forests along a road with no fencing, since you never know when a deer, wild-boar or even just a rabbit might jump out and hit your car, causing severe damage and even mortal accidents. But never, even in my wildest dreams, would I expect such a danger from some crazy big bird! So maybe those long, streched winshields are good for something after all - beside the road up ahead you can also monitor the bird air traffic and watch out for their air raids :icon_rolleyes:.

Another thing that influences the ride comfort are rattles, squeaks and tire noise. I tried out most of the vehicles on an old and very rough cobble-stone road. You wouldn`t belive what kind of awful sounds and noises came out of some of the (almost new) demo cars, icluding the RAV4 and especially the Santa Fe, evoking an intense feeling that somethig is going to fall appart real soon. I put my own Patriot to that same test after purchasing it and I swear I could hardly hear any squeak or rattle at all and I was greatly impressed and satisfied. As for tire noise, that is mainly influenced by their make and type, so I won`t comment on that. My summer Continentals and winter Dunlops are both fairly quiet on the Patriot.

3) Engine, 4x4 performance and other specs :Racing:
I didn`t like the idea of buying an underpowered SUV (Tucson, Vitara – I`m talking 4 bangers here) or one that doesn`t even have at least a manual pseudo central diff. lock (CR-V), is an outdated agricultural thing (Sorento) or doesn`t even have a proper good old hand brake (Santa Fe, Koleos, Tiguan). This may sound a little silly to someone, but I`m an old timer and I want a HAND brake in my SUV, not a leg operated parking brake nor a finger touch electronic parking brake. How am I supposed to bring the car into a controled side slide with those? Anybody tried that? If so pls let me know.
Some of the vehicles I checked out last winter on snow and ice (yes, my search took almost a year before I finaly made a decision) had really poor and obstructvie ESP and TCS systems, shutting off the engine power up to a point of stalling. I couldn`t do it in September before ordering the Patriot, but I tested it already as an owner with the first winter snow fall. I was amazed at how well it handled on ice and snow and the ABS, ESP, TCS systems worked perfectly even during slides intentionally provoked by the steering wheel and HAND brake ;). I had more fun with it and felt more confident and secure in these slippery conditions than with my previous ride - the Mitsubishi Pajero (named Montero or Shogun in some countries), the famous and consistent winner of the Paris - Dakar rally races. At the end of last year I drove to the mountains with some friends, so there were 4 people and some luggage in the Pat. On purpose, I took an absolutely unmaintained 4th category road in the hills with about 15 - 20 cm (6 – 8 inches) snow and ice patches on it. The Jeep had no problem whatsoever climbing the steep serpentines, going steadily in 2nd gear and I didn`t even have to use the T-handle! When stopping for a view along the way it started up the hill again from stand still with no sweat at all. I`m sure though, that a good portion of this succes was due to good winter tires (Dunlop SP Winter Sport M3) which I bought and put on before the winter.

As for the Patriot`s engine, I find the 170 HP petrol version sufficiently peppy - even sporty, nice sounding, easy revving and very quiet. In my old Mitsu I was always half deaf from the loud 3.2 l diesel engine after a 3 hour drive to the mountains and almost completely deaf on the occasion of a 2000 mile (3000 km) vacation journey to the Adriatic Sea. Now, the Patriot seems like a dream compared to that. With the stereo off I just hear a soft whisper of the engine, wind and tires. And when I turn the Boston Acustics on, I`m in heaven :p.

4) Price
Last but not the least concern probably for most of us, otherwise we would be driving around in Cayenes, X5s, Q7s, Range Rovers, etc. Well, from the price/value point of view, the Patriot simply doesn`t have a rival, period. Some competitors of similar size and equipment cost up to twice as much, at least around here. Are they so much better for the higher price then? According to my personal little review, I don`t think so. Take again for example the praised RAV4 with a long standing reputation of a dependable car with few breakdowns. Alright then, should I go and buy one only because of that and drive it for many years to come, banging my left leg on the door all the time, unable to rest my arms comfortably, getting sick of the wobbly ride, overlight steering and rattles? No, that`s definitely not my idea of a good drive. Even if I did spend some money for eventual after warranty breakdowns of the Patriot, the total amount will most likely never reach the purchase price difference between the two cars. But even if it did, I`m willing to take that risk and, if need be, pay the price, because I`m as happy as a clam in it. Also I don`t think one will loose a lot in residual value after some years with the Patriot because it`s not such a mass produced vehicle and there will always be demand for them on the used car market.

To be honest, at the beginning of my new SUV search I didn`t even consider a Jeep - fairly expensive to buy and service in EU and hard core off-road abilities which I would never utilize. The Pajero (Montero, Shogun) I had is also a proper and very good off-roader, but I never needed or used it`s full potential during the many years of ownership. That`s why during my „quest“ for a new car I left out the Jeep webs and dealers completely and I didn`t know that a Jeep Patriot SUV even existed. So I was almost ready to get a Nissan Qashqai, which seemed quite attractive, comfortable, good specs, etc. when I finally stumbled upon the PATRIOT :smiley_thumbs_up: somewhere on the Internet. It immediately caught my eye :wow:, so I checked out all the technical specs and went to visit a dealer. When I saw it on the lot in the flesh I liked it instantly, when I sat in it I liked it even more and when I drove it, I fell in love and was sold! Even more so when the dealer offered me a good price for my trade-in (the Mitsu mentioned above) which, even though being 8 years old, covered more than 50% of the cost of the new Patriot. So I ordered one on the spot and collected it only a few days later.

Here`s the specs:
- it`s kind of a mix between a Sport and a Limited, has no badges on the back except the Jeep logo
- 4x4, FD I, 2.4 l, 5 speed, steel blue metallic
- extra underbody and inner panels treatment for heavy duty winter use (vehicle formerly intended for the Sweedish market); muffler and exhaust pipe painted black
- leather steering wheel w/audio controls, Boston Audio, heated seats, fog lights, cruise control, 17“ alloys, alarm with ultrasonic detection, remote door locks, power locks/windows/mirrors, front and side curtain airbags, cargo cover, temporary spare tire, rechargeable flashlight, roof racks.

After purchase equiped with:
tow hook, tinted windows, engraved VIN on all windows, custom seat covers made of immitation black/white „tiger“ fur incl. center armrest cover, soft padding of door armrest, heavy rubber floor mats, Lambada song beeper (player) with reverse gear, Emgeton MP3 player (small gadget that plugs in cigarette lighter, no wires) with remote control and transmitting over FM to the Boston Audio System, winter tires Dunlop SP Winter Sport M3 on steel rims, pedal lock.

Planning for the future:
SATNAV, door side mouldings, mud flaps, roof cross bars (already have bike and ski carrier plus a roof box), twin chrome tailpipes, rear parking asistant, maybe a car tent – the kind that connects to and wraps around the open tailgate.

Well, that`s my story - I own the Patriot for 5 months now and am very happy with it, look forward to every drive in it. Love the looks from any angle, the squarish dash (to me nicer than the facelifted 09 model) matching the exterior and the whole design, the interior colors (grey/white combination), the illumination of the instruments, the compass, the 9 speaker Boston Audio w/subwoofer (the car really rocks when U turn up the volume), the flip down rear speaker panel, the rechargeable flashlight, the comfy seating and both armrests exactly where I need and like them, lots of leg room, the distant windshield making one feel like in a small Hummer. Love the sound of the starting engine - really different and impressive compared to european or jap makes - sounds like a V6. Also love the sound of the engine under acceleration and the deep exhaust sound at idle when you stand at the back of the vehicle, the quiet ride and good handling. I simply love the whole damn thing! And since this model is not so common on the roads over here, I get a lot of turning heads too and the Patriot shines and sticks out of the fancy curvy crowd anywhere I go :D.

So I must say I`m glad that I didn`t rush things and in the end decided for the Jeep Patriot. I like it a lot because it fits me like a glove, or as we say over here - it fits like a butt on a pisspot. The Patriot won me over by it`s style, performance and value, but above all, it won my heart.
I already owned two Jeeps while living in the USA and Canada for 10 years in the past, so I`m not a first time Jeep owner and am all the more happy to rejoin the Jeep owners community again :pepper:.

George

Attachments

·
Unofficial OU Blingmobile
1,060 Posts
Welcome George. Sounds like you researched as long as I did before making the best decision. Four things come to mind about your post:

1. Love the Jeep sign on your garage
2. Love the wheels
3. Love the dog
4. Want pics of the seat covers

·
A True Straight Shooter
1,167 Posts
Very nice post! You know your patriot, that's for sure. I also like the dog photo. Looks like the jeep is mostly his!

·
Registered
618 Posts
nice write up, can I ask what the reason for the VIN engraving on every window was for though?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Thats gotta be the longest write up i've ever seen.

You deserve a medal for that!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
When I first bought my Patriot, I noticed that I hit more birds than with any other vehicle I've owned. I've hit at least 4 birds. I wonder if there is something with Jeep that bird are attracted to. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
357 Posts
nice write up, can I ask what the reason for the VIN engraving on every window was for though?
Makes the vehicle less attractive to chop-shops, as re-sold windows could easily be tracked to a stolen vehicle with the number being so visible.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oktazcat:
1. Love the Jeep sign on your garage
2. Love the wheels
3. Love the dog
4. Want pics of the seat covers

- Jeep sign was bought at the Route-66 shop, see route-66.cz
- those are the winter tires on steel rims with plastic covers; am thinking of spraying them dark grey to match the vehicle, then it would be a real Dark Knight ride :) Hey, that`s a good idea and then I could slap a deep red Bat sticker on the car and put red neons behind the front grill and under the sides - I`ve seen that somewhere on the net on a dark Patriot and it looked super cool at night :rockon:
- since you love our dog you might also like our two cats, see pictures below
- seat cover pictures enclosed, didn`t bother with putting the rear seats up, they`re the same

firemothjoe: Very nice post! You know your patriot, that's for sure. I also like the dog photo. Looks like the jeep is mostly his!

Yep, with the rear seats down our Benny the Beagle has a great playground in the back and enjoys trips as well as me and my wife; just can`t turn up the stereo volume up too much, else he`d be scared ****tless with the subfwoofer and all :puke:

rdunlap: nice write up, can I ask what the reason for the VIN engraving on every window was for though?
Soundy: Makes the vehicle less attractive to chop-shops, as re-sold windows could easily be tracked to a stolen vehicle with the number being so visible.

That`s right, plus there are gangs here that steel cars and take them abroad, where they change the VIN code on the body, make fake papers and sell them. With all the windows (10 on the Patriot) marked with CZ+VIN everybody can see the country it came from and the rightful owner can be tracked through the VIN. So the thieves would have to change all the windows, which makes it more difficult and expensive for them so they usually select a different target :lockd:

VicBitter: Thats gotta be the longest write up i've ever seen.
You deserve a medal for that!!

YES please and a nice check to go with it :notworthy:

klewis: When I first bought my Patriot, I noticed that I hit more birds than with any other vehicle I've owned. I've hit at least 4 birds. I wonder if there is something with Jeep that bird are attracted to. Anyone else experience this?

Maybe the special arrowish shape of the Patriots windshield makes an ultrasonic sound or somethig like a sex call :latchon: at higher speeds which attracts the birdies?

Attachments

·
1,060 Posts
I too have black cats, three of them. Two are solid color and the other has a white blaze on her chest but I have to admit she's not as pretty as yours. I am loving those seat covers! Any chance of getting them here in the US? Joe is right about the dog, he has more territory in the Jeep and just allows you to drive him around.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Yeah, i hit more bugs now......
Reason i did the front grille.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I too have black cats, three of them. Two are solid color and the other has a white blaze on her chest but I have to admit she's not as pretty as yours. I am loving those seat covers! Any chance of getting them here in the US? Joe is right about the dog, he has more territory in the Jeep and just allows you to drive him around.
I think you can easily order the seat covers over the internet, the design is called "Safari", see for example here:
automegashop.cz/index.php?p=productsList&iCategory=116&sName=AUTOPOTAHY--Safari
since this site doesn`t allow me to place URLs just copy that green line into your browser and put www. in front of it. But mind you there are different sizes available so I ordered the R20 model which is a two piece type separately for the seat and backrest of the rear seats. Then I went to a shop where they make the covers (but couldn`t provide the Safari fur) and had them custom fit the back seat so that the seat is in one piece and sewn together to the backrest piece, which they split 60:40 or whatewer and added strong padded grey cloth which i chose for the back side of the seat. So you slide the cover over the back rest all the way down (separately 60:40), strech the bottom part over the seat and in order to keep everything tight and ruffle-free I had them sew yet another piece of cloth to where the seat and backrest meet and this piece goes through the space between the two and connects with a Velcro fastener on the back side of the seat. I hope I haven`t confused you too much, but I don`t know how to explain it any better. The front seat covers fit perfectly (the material is very stretchy) as they were and I only had the shop replace the original flimsy tiny rubber bands with stronger ones for tightening the covers under the seats. And from a pice of leftower material they made the central armrest cover. I can`t use the flip open phone/Ipod compartment on top of the armest anymore but I wouldn`t use it anyway because it get`s in the way when using the manual stick. But I can still use the inside compartment and slide the armrest back and forth. Now the armrest is soft and warm in the winter and I also put a piece of some polyurethane foam material to the door armrest so my left elbow rests soft and warm too. The whole thing with the seat covers, material and shop work cost me the equivalent of about 150 bucks.
There`s one more thing though - if you have side seat airbags, there could be a problem with their correct function in an accident since the front seat covers slide over the whole seat. I don`t have seat airbags, only the side curtain ones so it wasn`t an issue for me.
George
P.S. How do you put a picture or logo beside your username in the posts? Ihaven`t figured that out yet :doh:

·
1,060 Posts
P.S. How do you put a picture or logo beside your username in the posts? Ihaven`t figured that out yet :doh:
Look at the top of the page and click on User CP, then look on the left side of the page and you'll see the Settings & Options, click on Edit Avatar. You'll have the option to upload an image from your computer or from an URL where you've stored a pic online. Remember to click Save Changes. Keep in mind that if you ever delete or move a pic you've stored online and used as your avatar it will stop appearing on this site.

·
Patriot addict
827 Posts
Wow, George, that was an impressive introductory post. Very interesting and informative.

One more thing you're going to love about your new car is its "exclusivity factor". I don't know about your country, but here in Spain the Patriot is very rare. Several months can pass by before I happen to see another one on the roads, which makes me feel like I own a very special and exclusive car.

You're one of the very few European owners that have a petrol-engine Patriot. What were your reasons for not buying a diesel? Did you know that it can make 6.3 l/100 km very easily in gentle highway driving?

I didn`t know that a Jeep Patriot SUV even existed. So I was almost ready to get a Nissan Qashqai, which seemed quite attractive, comfortable, good specs, etc. when I finally stumbled upon the PATRIOT somewhere on the Internet. It immediately caught my eye , so I checked out all the technical specs and went to visit a dealer.
The same happened to me, I also was on the verge of buying a Qashqai (the most direct competitor to the Patriot, I would say) when I saw a picture of the Patriot and I liked its looks immediately. Then I saw the specs and price and I liked it even more.

·
Patriot addict
827 Posts
By the way, George, of the accessories and upgrades that you mentioned, I suggest that the first one be the rear parking sensors. They will be hardly noticeable if you have them installed in the horizontal black plastic between the trunk door and the bumper. And they're a great help since many of us think that rear-ward visibility is not the Patriot's strongest point.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Hi EuroPat, I am aware of the exclusivity too - 5 months driving it now and I didn`t see another one on the road yet. I think it`s due to absolute lack of advertisement on the part of Jeep, people simply don`t know about it. Other carmakers have a LOT of ads on the TV, radio, billboards, newspapers all the time, but I`ve never seen a single one from Jeep. I wonder why that is. How does Jeep expect to rise sales against heavy competition without advertising? There is a commercial war between car companies and they have to fight for every customer, but it seems unfortunately, that Jeep for some reason does not. It would really interest me what the bosses up there think or what their strategies are. But maybe, just maybe the`re doing that on purpose to keep the exclusivity of the brand up. What would it look like and what would we feel if there were Jeeps all over the place and everybody had a Jeep? The attraction and awareness of owning and driving something special would be gone. So maybe they`re doing the right thing after all.
Otherwise in our country you can see mostly Grand Cherokees, Cherokees (Liberty)and also here and there some Wranglers and Commanders, but no Patriots. A big shame! :(
Regarding my purchase - when I finaly learned that a Patriot exists, I went to a dealer who was advertising one with the diesel, but when I got there he said it was already sold. It wasn`t a real Jeep dealer though but an auto importer who specialized in bringing in vehicles from other EU countries at a better price than the dealers here have. So he told me there are only two Patriots available and only with the petrol engine, one green and one steel blue and that he`s not sure if there will be any more diesels anytime soon. The thing is that in September last year our currency (we don`t use Euro yet) was still very strong against the Euro and USD so he could buy the cars in Eurozone for a good price. I`ll round-off the figures just for you to get an idea:
I bought the Patriot for 500.000 crowns (aprox 20.000 Euro), while at the czech Jeep dealers the same model was 600.000 crowns at the time and with the continuing global crisis and rapid weakening of our currency, by the end of the year the price went up to 700.000 crowns. So I`m happy now that I didn`t hesitate and took the petrol steel blue right away, I saved almost 30% of today`s dealer prices. :)
Another thing is, that I was rather tired of my previous ride`s really noisy diesel engine (Mitsub. Pajero, Montero, Shogun) so I thought it wouldn`t be such a bad idea to have a quiet petrol for a change, not to mention that the diesel versions are more expensive. And on top of that the diesel fuel here was almost 10% more expensive compared to petrol (leveling out now again, but should go back to the same after the crisis). It is also commonly said that diesel engines are much more expensive to repair than the petrol ones and since Jeep gives us only 2 years guarantee here, that issue also comes to mind. So yes, I was formerly aiming at the diesel, but since it wasn`t available I test drove the petrol, liked it and with regard to the above, I decided to take the petrol version. And I don`t regret it at all, I enjoy the quietness and the consumption is 10 l/100km in town and 8 l/100km on the open roads if I dont race it :Racing:
As for the rear sensors, I want them installed ASAP and exactly as you mentioned - into the black plastic above the bumper. I would like to know if they can be installed without dismantling the whole bumper. Did you install them yourself or had a shop do it? Pls let me know how it`s done.
George

·
Registered
667 Posts
Welcome feom Canada, Boy George. That post of yours took a while to read. I'm looking forward to the movie! :)
The Patriot Epic:blah:

hehe

Do you work for a newspaper BoyGeorge?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
The Patriot Epic:blah:

hehe

Do you work for a newspaper BoyGeorge?
I`ll start working on the movie right away ... hmmm ... The Patriot Epic sounds real good, can`t think of a better title. Wait - how about RIOT PAT RIOT :rockon:
And since it`s going to be an Epic, I`ll make it at least 6 hours long.

Me - a newspaper man? You mean `cause I write too much? Naaw, it`s just I let my mouth do the walking, not the fingers. Got a voice recognition software which writes the post for me, I just dictate and it writes it down :D

·
Registered
667 Posts
Voice recognition, now, thats gonna make any job easier!

·
Patriot addict
827 Posts
As for the rear sensors, I want them installed ASAP and exactly as you mentioned - into the black plastic above the bumper. I would like to know if they can be installed without dismantling the whole bumper. Did you install them yourself or had a shop do it? Pls let me know how it`s done.
I had them installed at a car electronics shop. Can't remember the price. I chose a model that emits a "bip" that changes according to distance, and there's no part of it in the driver's position, which is good because I didn't want any electronics to be visible from the outside through the windows. The sensor is super practical in our narrow European streets and parking places and I've never regretted having it.

My CRD Patriot (a steel blue too) cost me 27,000 euros in november '07, so I'd say you've gotten one heck of a good deal. Is it a 2009 version with the new interior and all?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts