Jeep Patriot Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,559 Posts
To be fair, "that phucker" has been reviving ALOT of old threads lately, and while it may be mildly annoying, I find it a little amusing as well.

·
Banned
859 Posts
OK, OK, . . . Just seems there are some interesting threads that are more recent. I duck in here almost every day, but I don't go digging that deep. :doh: Maybe if someone had a particular issue that doesn't get discussed much -- like how to lubricate a squeaking fragilant, or advice on replacing the muffler bearings -- those threads could be kinda rare and the only post might be from a while ago. :D
Don't forget the blinker fluid! that always needs to be checked!

·
Registered
421 Posts
To be fair, "that phucker" has been reviving ALOT of old threads lately, and while it may be mildly annoying, I find it a little amusing as well.
H
Thanks. I aim to amuse! :)
Digging up the old threads does serve a purpose though .
It keeps the number of threads on one topic down to a minimum.
Rather than start another thread on high mileage patriots, why not revive this one?
:D

·
Registered
421 Posts
This thread is from 2010 for crying out loud! Don't you think Apriliagirl has made her decision by now? What, are you out of work and have nothing to do all day but dig up threads that are half a decade old? Get a life. Get a job. Volunteer at the library or the boy's club. Sweep the floors at your church. Pick up litter beside the road. Do something, would ya? :doh:
My deepest and most humble apology sir!!!
I didn't realize digging up this thread would traumatize you so!

In all likelihood, I have probably accomplished more than YOU have this week.
........And I probably have volunteered more too.

·
Super Moderator
8,527 Posts
My deepest and most humble apology sir!!!
I didn't realize digging up this thread would traumatize you so!

In all likelihood, I have probably accomplished more than YOU have this week.
........And I probably have volunteered more too.
So sorry! :notworthy: I had no idea you were such a public-spirited citizen!

As for minimizing the proliferation of redundant threads, maybe you could come up with a solution to the new tire size threads that appear almost every week. Now THAT would be a service to the forum. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I just joined up a few days ago. I am VERY Highly considering Buying a 2011 Patriot.

My question is Who has a High mileage One? 80,000-up.

I have a mixed feeling with this brand, I dislike most everything about the Chrysler company. Ive seen to many blown automatics,and just plan poor build quality. How do i know this? My first job in the Automotive field was working at a suspension shop. I am currently a BMW Tech,and yes im a female. Im not saying BMW builds a better product,but then again i really dislike cars. :D What im just saying is if i buy this i plan on keeping this for many years,And i dont wanna have to fix this,the way i do now with my car. :doh:

BOTTOM LINE IS IM FED UP OF WORKING ON STUFF,AND THEN DOING IT WHEN I GET HOME. :blah:

So please tell me high mileage owners, do you like this OR no?
what all have you had to do? ANY 09 owners dealing with the Manual issue?
I have a 2012 jeep patriot with 170,000 miles on it. It was great until the 150,000 mi mark. At first it was replacing things that seemed to wear out ( thermostats radiator hose alternator and a catalytic converter under recall). Last summer at 165,000 miles the real hell began. In 3 months time I replaced the computer, reworked wiring harness replaced throttle body twice then had it rebuilt, replaced catalytic converter again, and the thermostats were replaced 3 more times.
Finally seemed like the dealership had it fixed. Drive time for 4 months and this morning the whole circus started AGAIN. Check engine light throttle light and anti skid blinking like xmas tree. Couldnt get it up to 30 mph. I am typing this in jeep dealer waiting room.

·
Super Moderator
8,527 Posts
Welcome Pam. After 100,000 miles we have to expect repairs. After 150,000 they start getting expensive.

My 2008 Patriot was past 200,000 when, like you, I had a problem with the engine harness. Where is your bad spot? Mine was directly under the battery. My throttle body lasted to around 275,000 miles and went south all at once. Like you, I limped to the dealership. Fortunately I was in the city when it happened and I struggled to my dealer only a mile or so from where it happened. Other than that it was pretty reliable. It was still on its original catcon. I sold it to a friend and he's still driving it.

I now have a 2014 Patriot with 150,000 miles and so far no problems at all. Only repairs were the front axle bearings.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome Pam. After 100,000 miles we have to expect repairs. After 150,000 they start getting expensive.

My 2008 Patriot was past 200,000 when, like you, I had a problem with the engine harness. Where is your bad spot? Mine was directly under the battery. My throttle body lasted to around 275,000 miles and went south all at once. Like you, I limped to the dealership. Fortunately I was in the city when it happened and I struggled to my dealer only a mile or so from where it happened. Other than that it was pretty reliable. It was still on its original catcon. I sold it to a friend and he's still driving it.

I now have a 2014 Patriot with 150,000 miles and so far no problems at all. Only repairs were the front axle bearings.
275k is unbelievable. I doubt I'll get to 200k without several issues on the way.

Currently on 112k (having only driven 8k in the last year due to moving closer for work, I was doing 20k before that), and while I've had no huge problems recently, I'm sure my clutch is gonna go sooner or later as it continues to squawk at the bite point, especially on hills) and I stalled twice in quick succession getting out some mud the other month. Tells me it's getting weaker perhaps?

EDIT: The clutch squawk does worry me tbh, but it's been making this noise now for about 40,000 miles and I can still change gear without slipping! So who knows 😂

Supposedly have a slow-leaking water pump, but I have coolant and water at the ready to top up if needs be, and it's been "leaking" for the last 18 months at a very slow rate. I topped it up just the other week, first time in a year I think.

And apparently my control arms are "splitting" whatever that means.

Other than that, no issues.....although my MOT test in the UK is due end of Jan....that may well flag up a few things!

·
Super Moderator
8,527 Posts
275k is unbelievable. I doubt I'll get to 200k without several issues on the way.

Currently on 112k (having only driven 8k in the last year due to moving closer for work, I was doing 20k before that), and while I've had no huge problems recently, I'm sure my clutch is gonna go sooner or later as it continues to squawk at the bite point, especially on hills) and I stalled twice in quick succession getting out some mud the other month. Tells me it's getting weaker perhaps?

EDIT: The clutch squawk does worry me tbh, but it's been making this noise now for about 40,000 miles and I can still change gear without slipping! So who knows 😂

Supposedly have a slow-leaking water pump, but I have coolant and water at the ready to top up if needs be, and it's been "leaking" for the last 18 months at a very slow rate. I topped it up just the other week, first time in a year I think.

And apparently my control arms are "splitting" whatever that means.

Other than that, no issues.....although my MOT test in the UK is due end of Jan....that may well flag up a few things!
Most of my miles were highway miles, a third of them very early in the morning OTW work for a 5AM start. Another third were on the way home in the mid-afternoon before rush hour. The final third were a weekly trip to see my late Father in Maine, again mostly highway.

I may have been misleading. My Patriot did blow two transmissions, but they were covered under warranty. So I guess I should say I didn't have any significant repairs that I had to pay for, before 200,000.

However, my 2014 has been trouble-free so far. I expect a manual tranny to outlast an automatic in most cases.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts