Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just joined up a few days ago. I am VERY Highly considering Buying a 2011 Patriot.

My question is Who has a High mileage One? 80,000-up.

I have a mixed feeling with this brand, I dislike most everything about the Chrysler company. Ive seen to many blown automatics,and just plan poor build quality. How do i know this? My first job in the Automotive field was working at a suspension shop. I am currently a BMW Tech,and yes im a female. Im not saying BMW builds a better product,but then again i really dislike cars. :D What im just saying is if i buy this i plan on keeping this for many years,And i dont wanna have to fix this,the way i do now with my car. :doh:

BOTTOM LINE IS IM FED UP OF WORKING ON STUFF,AND THEN DOING IT WHEN I GET HOME. :blah:

So please tell me high mileage owners, do you like this OR no?
what all have you had to do? ANY 09 owners dealing with the Manual issue?

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
Hmm, Working on a vehicle often eh, reminds me of when I had my MGB, and early Harley Davidson's I had. I know the Harleys are much much better today though.

I have over 55,000 miles on mine, and replaced the passenger tie rod end at around 52K miles, and that was all, other than oil changes tire rotations, etc. The SR-A tires didn't last as long as I'm used to though. In my Tracker I could go around 70K miles on a set of tires. I also got over 150K miles on the Tracker before it ever needed anything.

I know we have folks here with over 100K on their Patriots, so hopefully you'll hear from some of them.

·
Sept 2009 POTM
2,915 Posts
There are a few (2 or 3) people on here with over 100k miles. But I don't think much more than that.
Most of us are in the 30k-50k miles or less range.

For me, other than the suspension issues (front control arms and sway bar bushings), it's been an absolutely solid vehicle.

·
Registered
839 Posts
When I bought the Patriot I thought seriously about getting a Rav4 until I found out that it would cost about 10k $$ CAD more. If you look over a lot of threads here you will find few complaints about the engine and transmissions considering there are a lot of posts on this forum. Sure the most frequent pet peeves are water leaks mainly sun roof and probably fixed on the new vehicles and the suspensions are not as tough as the Jeep Cherokees etc.. We have 63k miles on our Patty so far and no problems really but I expect to put in Moog replacement ball joints and tie rod ends when the time comes. The Patriot is absolutely awesome in snow and icy roads and we get about 30 mpg on the highway compared to 20 mpg with our 99 Cherokee.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an 07 Patriot Sport 4x4 Manual Trans. I bought it used in Oct. of 08 with 34000 miles off lease from a dealer. I currently have just over 105000 miles. I have taken it on trips from Illinois to Pennsylvania & Missouri & all over the Midwest. It runs good although,at 95000 I did have some problems I had to get taken care of. The front end was getting loose & I was having some throttle problems. I got new tie rod ends, control arms & bushings, & a new throttle body. Everything was covered under my extended warranty. My Patriot still runs strong & is fun to drive. I put new tires on around 70000 miles. I went from 215 65 17 to 235 65 17. They are a little wider & taller. I also have a Garmin GPS, E3 Spark Plugs, an AEM Intake, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, & Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust. Good luck searching for your new vehicle. I like the 2011 Patriot.
-Will

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
I have 83k miles so far,
And very few complaints,
Few issues that have come up,
Bad tranny fluid at 20k
Ball joints replaced at about 70k
Other than that been a great 80k miles.
And I am from nyc and drive on the beach and on logging roads, so that will beat up a suspension a little more than some.
As for working on your car?
Keep in mind it is a $20k 4x4,
Can't expect $40k buld quality.
At that price range issues that may or may not arise are hit or miss.

·
Registered
233 Posts
All I can say is that my wife used to work for BMW Group a few years back and the impression that she left on me is that the cars really don't deserve the reputation that they have. You would think that spending a fortune on a car would ensure that it would basically be trouble-free. Instead, everything from the run-flat tires to the transmission constantly required fairly wealthy owners to come in and face the music. Apparently, the Mini brand was even worse and should be ignored at all costs.

At the end of the day, all cars break. Jeep happens to break a LOT less than most American brands. If you take a look at truedelta.com, you'll notice that the Jeep Patriot is considered a fairly reliable vehicle. Only the RAV4 and the CR-V seem to be more reliable (albeit at a higher price). In terms of car safety however, the Jeep Patriot is among the best.

All I know is that my Jeep gets decent mileage, has pretty good stock speakers, is very responsive on the road and generally very comfortable on top of being fairly inexpensive and fairly reliable. I would recommend the car to everyone I know.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have an '08 Limited FDII with 95,000 + miles on it. I drive it on everything from Northern Michigan fire trails to 1200 mile trips on the interstate to Florida for the winter. I've had absolutely no problems with the Patriot. Just have replaced consumables such as wiper blades, air filters, oil changes, new tires at 60,000 miles. I have owned 7different SUV's by 5 different manufacturers through the years and the Patriot is by far the best of all of them. I've ordered a 2011 and should have it around Christmas.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have just passed 66666 miles and snapped a picture of the odometer. I have seen callibers on car lots for years on used car lots with 100000 + I saw a 08 Patriot on a car lot with 97,000 and it was selling for 10,000 and was not even 4x4
Changing my signature picture to the 66666 cause mechanically some annoyances such as smells or changing spark plugs every 30,000 no major problems and a feeling of confidence.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have 107,000km on mine and it is running fine... However I baby my vehicles and though I have only owned it for 15,000km it's apparent the previous owner took good care of it as well.

Conversely, I looked at an identical model the other week with 200,000km on it and it had obviously been worked hard... there was lots of burned varnish on the dipstick... trailer hitch was mounted on it so had obviously been used for towing... perhaps excessively... and the oil pan was rusting and leaky... all indicative to me of overheating at some point.

If you're looking at buying new, you probably have nothing to worry about, since you'll know it's maintenance history; and an ounce of prevention...

My big warning would be the availability of parts... this is not an overly common model and with the rumours of the line ending soon it may be more difficult to maintain than a more mainstream model in the future.

Also to consider is that it is really a car when it comes down to it... It is great on gas and can haul as much as any other compact suv; but if you're the kind that really likes to dig into a vehicle and mess with it, maybe look for something more truck-like.

·
Registered
429 Posts
well, I can´t tell something that you are asking , because I bought my Pat 8 months ago, and I´m very happy!

but as a Chrysler costumer: they 2 neons, few lebarons (different generations), few spirits, ram charger, few darts, few valiants, super bee, ram trucks, liberty, town and country, actual charger... in my case, a very good cars. Yeap, and I had few GM´s in my life and I just can say: sucks!!

so, go for the 2011 patriot! :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
hows this?

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have around 75,000 miles on my '08. So far, it's pretty much just been routine maintenance -- tires, oil changes, differential fluid changes, and spark plugs. I'm still on my original brakes.

The only non-routine issues have been an AC condenser that was punctured by some road debris and a chipped windshield.

·
Super Moderator
8,520 Posts
Here's one with 300,000 kms.
That works out to 186411 Mi.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/winnipeg/jeep-patriot/1121902914
This thread is from 2010 for crying out loud! Don't you think Apriliagirl has made her decision by now? What, are you out of work and have nothing to do all day but dig up threads that are half a decade old? Get a life. Get a job. Volunteer at the library or the boy's club. Sweep the floors at your church. Pick up litter beside the road. Do something, would ya? :doh:

·
Banned
859 Posts
This thread is from 2010 for crying out loud! Don't you think Apriliagirl has made her decision by now? What, are you out of work and have nothing to do all day but dig up threads that are half a decade old? Get a life. Get a job. Volunteer at the library or the boy's club. Sweep the floors at your church. Pick up litter beside the road. Do something, would ya? :doh:
WOW, who crapped in your cornflakes? He maybe never saw the date on the thread. Since there is not a huge amount of traffic. Maybe take your own advice and sweep the floors, get a life, a job, or maybe some manners.

:notworthy:

·
Super Moderator
8,520 Posts
WOW, who crapped in your cornflakes? He maybe never saw the date on the thread. Since there is not a huge amount of traffic. Maybe take your own advice and sweep the floors, get a life, a job, or maybe some manners.

:notworthy:
OK, OK, . . . Just seems there are some interesting threads that are more recent. I duck in here almost every day, but I don't go digging that deep. :doh: Maybe if someone had a particular issue that doesn't get discussed much -- like how to lubricate a squeaking fragilant, or advice on replacing the muffler bearings -- those threads could be kinda rare and the only post might be from a while ago. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts