Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2018 Patriot with manual trans that has done me well this last year and a half and she has 26k miles. In the last week and a half i have noticed a hesitation in acceleration while in 2nd 3rd and 4th gear. I've noticed it happens more during uphill acceleration. From what I've looked up, it could be something with the fuel line or fuel filter or it could be a spark plug misfiring.

I dropped her off at the dealership I purchased her from, she's still under warranty, and after a day I was told they couldn't find the problem. I asked if they checked the spark plugs or fuel filter and they responded with "We drove your jeep around but could not duplicate the problem". First of all that seems extremely lazy to me. Anyway, they recommended I use some BG44k which may help clean the fuel line/filter and injectors. I purchased a can and put it into my tank along with gas to fill the tank.

I drove her around today and the same hiccup keeps happening during acceleration in 2nd 3rd and 4th gear and seems to becoming more of a pause in acceleration than a subtle hiccup.

Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Side question, does anyone know why the dealership really did nothing to diagnose the issue?
What do I need to do to make sure it's taken care of before anything worse happens?

·
Administrator
6,988 Posts
x2 on the plugs. They're only good for about 30k mi, yours are fairly close.

Generally, worn plugs that don't fire right won't usually set an error code, which IMO is why dealers will miss it.

And yes, some service departments are very slack.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I had the same problem on my 2009 Patriot. Changed the plugs, everything is good now.

Stealership was worthless, I don't even know why I went by there. I did have a stroke of good luck, I met a guy who works there who can work on my Jeep after hours and save me a ton of money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.