Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm new in this forum, my name's Christian, i'm from Italy and i'm the owner of a Jeep Patriot 2.2 crd limited 2011.
I have a problem with the replacement of my car stereo 230 Req Mopar media center, I don't know the size (2 din or 1.5 din) to replace it with an android navigator radio that fits and if changing it I lose the steering wheel controls. Anyone had replaced this stereo with another model? If yes, what models can you suggest me?
Thanks to everyone who can help me馃槈

Welcome! I'll be no help on the radio but there are folks on here who can probably help.

Super Moderator
Pretty sure it's 2 din, you may need an adapter for the steering wheel controls:

This thread might give some insight:

Registered
There are aftermarket/3rd party kits to retain your steering wheel controls. I think those kits might be specific on your replacement choice.

I know because I just replaced my stock radio with a Pioneer AVH 521 ex and there was compatible steering wheel control kits available.

I.E. This link is a steering wheel radio control made by/for Clarion to Chrysler (aka Jeep) . . . hxxps://www.ebay.com/itm/CLARION-RCE-131W-OEM-Steering-Wheel-Remote-Audio-Control-Interface-for-CHRYSLER/122013687989?epid=1673539780&hash=item1c689520b5:g:Mh0AAOSwg6ZZ1VXC

I don't know/remember if this forum likes/allows live links, so replace the "XX's" with "TT" in the "http://" part of the link above.

hope this helps good luck

Registered
Hi, i'm new in this forum, my name's Christian, i'm from Italy and i'm the owner of a Jeep Patriot 2.2 crd limited 2011.
I have a problem with the replacement of my car stereo 230 Req Mopar media center, I don't know the size (2 din or 1.5 din) to replace it with an android navigator radio that fits and if changing it I lose the steering wheel controls. Anyone had replaced this stereo with another model? If yes, what models can you suggest me?
Thanks to everyone who can help me馃槈
I replaced the stock radio in my 2010 Patriot with a no-name Chinese touch screen unit. The unit I installed is a double din and fit just fine using a trim kit and a wiring harness adapter from Amazon. I also installed steering wheel controls for the unit. If I remember correctly, you can simply buy an adapter that plugs onto the rear of a new radio that then allows you to configure any wireless steering wheel controls to the radio-whether the steering wheel controls already exist or, like mine, are controls you clamp onto the steering wheel after the fact. I mean hey! If I did it, so can you!

I don't know/remember if this forum likes/allows live links, so replace the "XX's" with "TT" in the "http://" part of the link above.
Links aren't a problem for regular users. You're legit -- no problems.

What we don't like are spammers. We have gateway software to catch spammers when they register and moderators usually catch the ones that sneak through. Any member can help by reporting a post. That makes our job easier.

PS Moderators are just members who volunteer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts