Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

First off I'd like to say that there are tons of amazing Patriots on here. A lot of great information and inspirations for us all. I look forward to gaining some advice and insight into many topics.

I will first list a few questions and ideas that I need answered. Feel free to check out my intro below the questions in order to get to know me a little better:

Questions:

I'm looking into purchasing a 2016 4x4 Patriot (High Altitude Trim), as many dealers in my area have very good deals on them at the moment. Thoughts??

I'm curious, after putting an RRO Lift on this Patriot, what is the biggest tire that I can put onto the Patriot without running into any problems whatsoever (scrubbing, etc.) I really liked what I saw from The4WDPatriot and 98rangerdave's Patriots - impressive. In the event that I could get a decently sized tire on but would have to make a few minor alterations, what would this require and what would the effects be? I mainly want larger tires because of the obvious way that they look, but I also want to increase height as much as feasibly possible. Hopefully you guys can tell that I'm serious about this. Your feedback will greatly direct my decision into making the purchase on a Patriot. I look forward to hearing back from you all!

A little bit about myself:

My name is Zach. I am from Greenville, South Carolina. I graduated from Clemson University in 2014 with a degree in Sociology (which I never put to use). I currently attend East Tennessee State University (ETSU) as well, and am pursuing my Master's Degree in Digital Marketing. I currently work as an Associate Product Manager for Techtronic Industries (TTi) - in this role I oversee the production, from start to finish, on many Ryobi and RIDGID brand power tools - it's a very exciting role! In my spare time I am an avid deer hunter and fisherman, and love pretty much all sports - even NASCAR! I also have a twin brother, Jeremy, who works as a Tax Analyst for Michelin.

·
Administrator
2014 2.0 5-spd FWD
8,967 Posts
Guys,

I graduated from Clemson University in 2014 with a degree in Sociology (which I never put to use).
You never know what may come in handy in the future. In college I majored in Polisci and Soc, then headed into criminal counseling. I worked only briefly in that field but later I worked for a while as a night manager in a fast-food restaurant that was largely staffed by high school kids. I was a role model for them and had many interesting conversations. Thirty years later, two of those "kids" are active in politics shaping the futures of their city and state.

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
No rubbing? you would want to go with a 15" wheel with ~4" of backspacing and a 235/75 tire. This is a good read:

http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112585

I personally would go with the wheels and tires FIRST, since they don't require a lift to install for that size, and then see if you're still wanting to lift. I lifted my patriot, it was not a daily driver. If I were to do it again, I probably would not lift it and just go with this size of wheel/tire as a daily driver...

Edit: Oh, and look at getting skid plates installed. mopar has a set at a reasonable amount you can find online, I think your money would be better invested in skid plates over a lift, at least at first.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome. I can't even suggest where to find changes and suggestions on here... others know more.
However, awesome props for the Sociology degree. I (Deb) have a BA and MA in Religious Studies and teach as an adjunct. Sociology absolutely helps in every field!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.