Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everybody! I am a new Jeep Patriot owner, ohh for about 3 months now. I am asking for help/advice from anyone who might know this.....I just brought these wheel covers, 16 inch, black. I want to take off the old wheel covers, but it seems they are tightened down by lug nuts. Do I need to jack my car to take the old ones off, or do they just pry off? I just need help on "how to take wheel covers off".

Im new here but I will post pics here soon!

·
Premium Member
4,244 Posts
What wheels do you have now?

If they are the stock 16" steel wheels you only have the little "star" lug nut cover. Remove the lug nuts, remove the cover.

I suppose you could do them one at a time on the ground but do you have a torque wrench to ensure you get the lug nuts on properly?
Failing that do you have a star wrench and do you sort of have a feel for tight enough?

Personally I'd simply wait until my next tire rotation, ask the shop to leave the little covers off and go from there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I was having a blonde moment and realized the car didnt come with any hubcaps to begin with, and the ones I bought just simply clipped on easily. Didnt have to remove anything from the wheel and whatnot. I felt like a total jackass! I put those Albrecht 16 inch black charcoal wheel covers on, and they look mighty fine!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts