Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to owning a jeep, I have a 2014 jeep Patriot sport and I noticed that the passenger seatbelt locking mechanism is engaging everytime you try to pull the seatbelt out. Is there anyone else who has experienced this, and has found a conclusion to fix it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

· Administrator
2014 2.0 5-spd FWD
9,392 Posts
I see you're new here. Please visit the newbie threads and introduce yourself to the others on here. Newbie Check-In We've got a nice helpful group on here.

I've not had the problem, but you may be in luck. Since the safety belt is a safety device, it may be covered for longer than the typical warranty period. I had a broken seat belt in an Oldsmobile and I think I was past 100,000 miles but the dealer said since it was a safety device it would still be covered. I don't know if that is still the policy or if that was only GM's policy. My suspicion is that it was a federal requirement, but honestly IDK.

PS, I also have a 2014 Patriot. 2.0 FWD. I hope you love yours as much as I love mine.

PPS, if you have the CVT (automatic transmission) the fluid and both filters should be changed at least every 50,000 miles. The maintenance schedule in the owners manual is far too long. Just so you know. You can learn things on an owner site you won't learn elsewhere until it's too late.

I hope to see you around he threads!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts