Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 14 Patriot 6 speed automatic with inop 4wd. No DTC's. I have found that the rear driveshaft does not rotate, no matter which mode the PTU is in. On the road it acts perfectly normal, but on the lift, it will overheat the coupling fluid quickly when spinning just the front tires. Sets a C145F. This is data from a scan tool. It seems the coupling fluid data pid is a calculation? It will fall back below ambient if i stop the front tires from spinning. It will also not heat up at all if i remove the front wheel speed sensors from the knuckles and put it back in gear. So is the fluid temp accurate and the PTU us worn out and overheating from trying to couple?? I also found it will not overheat if i unplug the RDU ECC. Which leads me to believe that it and no front wheel speed signal disables the PTU from trying to couple at all. Thanks.

·
Administrator
7,730 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,111 Posts
Towing it with a wheel on the ground could do that, I would imagine. There's a reason the manual says that it has to be towed on a flat-bed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts