Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my son a graduation gift from auction. 2009 Limited Pat with 27000 miles. So we got it and then acted possessed. Lights wipers ect.... nada. I have replaced the TIPM with an eBay one things worked a bit. Started up again but usually a 2-24 hour hard reset got it going again. I noticed that the battery would go dead when the lights and such where not working. So I wanted this fixed took it to advanced to see if the battery and alt were good and they were but I replaced the battery anyway. Not fixed. So I bought a Cardone TIPM and it has yet to work. So I read I should try the wiper switch. Got a new one still nada. I mean this thing won’t even act right after a hard reset now. I decided to redo the main battery cable and ground that come off battery. I seen some corrosion in the wires is why. I used to do car audio so I am sure my new pos and meg harness is good. I tested the tipm I got a light on all fuses so I’m getting power. I’m now going to look at the relay box under the wheel well but have no idea how to test that? But first I’m charging the battery to 100% and doing a hard reset. Do the 12 second 2 clicks back off then start it programming routine. Any suggestions on what to try next and if someone could show me the relay box schematics so I can test it correctly and the best way to test it.
thanks in advanced
Luke

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also what grounds should I be checking I read that folks are checking their grounds for a fault is there a good way to do that for my sons Jeep

·
Super Moderator
4,844 Posts
Here's info on the relay box:

·
Super Moderator
4,844 Posts
Here's the two grounds that give people the most trouble. The wires can corrode inside the insulation under the crimp so it's hard to tell just
by looking if it's bad.

Ground G110

G111 G112

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that I cut all 3 grounds seen some corrosion on the wire and stripped it back until there was none. Put new terminals on. Now back to the relay box. I had 2 bad ones I think. I tried testing them but no click or anything. I cleaned all the terminals up though one was corroded. Put a new end on it and put it back in. So hopefully I can get it working tonight after heading to parts store for relays.

anyone have any other suggestions?? Because my next step is to take it to a coal mine drive it off a high wall and make it explode Hollywood style.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Patriot, North Ed.
220 Posts
TIPM gets its configuration data from the instrument cluster. It must be programmed by Chrysler for the exact model. If you got one used, or even brand new than its very possible that it will need to be programmed by the dealership.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last time I took it in the service guy said no programming needed. It started before just no lights except when he was in drive. A hard rest fixed it with the original tipm. So I got an eBay one and it worked for 2 weeks. Got this one from cardone and it is getting power but no lights. I’m still at a loss. Replaced relays grounds tipm battery. I got no ideas now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts