Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner accidentally ran the battery dead on my 2008 Jeep Patriot Wagon (left lights on over night), we had the battery changed. Now the head unit won't turn on. It still displays the time (as it did when the radio was turned off), I am able to change the time so know those buttons and round knob works, and the eject button works but it wont turn on or play anything! It's driving me wild. It doesn't ask for a code, it's not the fuse, I've taken it to 2 different mechanics and they cant make sense of it. To install a new one its approx $1,250AUD so I'd much prefer to fix the current one. Any help or advice much appreciated!!

·
Administrator
6,467 Posts
Since it was without power for some time, the anti-theft protection might have kicked in.
Try calling a dealer, explaining what happened, and asking if they can reset the radio.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Since it was without power for some time, the anti-theft protection might have kicked in.
Try calling a dealer, explaining what happened, and asking if they can reset the radio.
I've booked in for a month away (their earliest spot). If anyone has any DIY suggestions I would love to know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts