Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Jeep Patriot FWD Latitude. I am having issues installing the Daystar 1.5 inch kit on my FWD Jeep. My mechanic was able to install all three tires with a Daystar lift he is having issues with installing the lift on the front passenger side where my CVT transmission is located. Any suggestions on why this side is not taking the lift?? What is a solution to get this fixed. It sucks we are so close all three tires have been lifted except the front passenger side! Someone who knows what's going on PLEASE HELP!!!!

·
Administrator
6,361 Posts
A little more info would help.

What does the mechanic think is wrong? Not enough room to get the strut in?

Can you post some pics of how far you got so we can see where it's getting stuck?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Can you post some pics of how far you got so we can see where it's getting stuck?
I can have him send me a pick but yes he's saying the coil for the lift and my CVT engine are colliding not enough room.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Yes my CVT engine is causing the issue of no space for the lift on that side even with spring commpressing. Does my mechanic just need to compress the crap out of that coil to get it in?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Yes my CVT engine is causing the issue of no space for the lift on that side even with spring commpressing. Does my mechanic just need to compress the crap out of that coil to get it in?
I am be told the angle is too steep so it's hitting my strut. How can this be solved??

·
Administrator
6,361 Posts
Yeah, that's what I thought. I had harder time getting that side in on mine for the same reason and it's 4x4 with a smaller spacer.
Let them talk to the company and see what they suggest.

·
Administrator
6,361 Posts
Just to be clear, I was referring to letting your mechanic talk to Daystar and see if Daystar had a suggestion.

Also, I had considered as sort of a last resort taking the nut off the axle and removing it from the hub (without taking the other end out of the transmission) so I could move it around and out of the way, but I ended up not needing to do it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts