Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good touchscreen stereo with bluetooth and GPS for my 2013 Patriot Sport? I really want it to look like stock. Don't like flashy or after-market-looking things.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
If you ask a million different people, you will get a million different answers when it comes to vehicle audio. I opted for the Jensen VX7020. It has touchscreen/dvd /navigation and Bluetooth. Definitely a huge upgrade from the factory 130 radio and it didn't break the bank. There are a lot of higher end head units out there, but they were way over my price range. I've had it installed since September and I'm very happy with it as it does everything that I need it to.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks sweet. Thanks for your help. Did you buy it online or at a store? Best Buy ones are really expensive but Amazon had a small selection that state they'd be compatible.

·
Banned
729 Posts
if you want it to look stock,why not just buy a stock radio mygig with the gps in it?

·
Premium Member
11,007 Posts
You can go on Amazon, eBay, etc and there are hundreds of brands in the $200-300 range.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I have always had good experiences buying audio from Crutchfield. Good selection, excellent customer service, and you usually get everything you need for installation included. Check out their website.

·
Premium Member
11,007 Posts
Hundreds of these with similar specs but minor variations on eBay, amazon, etc. All based on the same or similar Android OS, backup camera, etc. Prices for all are from $120 - $200 +

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
That looks sweet. Thanks for your help. Did you buy it online or at a store? Best Buy ones are really expensive but Amazon had a small selection that state they'd be compatible.
I purchased through Crutchfield. The unit was cheaper on amazon but did not include the dash kit, wiring harness or the antenna adapter. Those items were included through Crutchfield. Normally Crutchfield includes the wiring harness for no charge but because of the canbus system (which the rep on the phone said is a pain in the ass for their industry) they gave me 50 % off the cost of the harness. $390 with everything through Crutchfield. Would've been over $400 buying separately.

·
Registered
283 Posts
i would check out sonicelectronics.com or vminovations.com ive ordered from both the sites multiple times. they are not huge sites but they have a good selection alot cheaper than in stores. i would check them out

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't have steering wheel controls. My patriot is a basic model (the sport edition). I'd have to also install a microphone somewhere for the Bluetooth calling capability. Which is why I'm so worried about doing this. There's so much to it :/

·
Major Modificator
498 Posts
I don't have steering wheel controls. My patriot is a basic model (the sport edition). I'd have to also install a microphone somewhere for the Bluetooth calling capability. Which is why I'm so worried about doing this. There's so much to it :/
the mic install is easy peasy. just run it under your dash, through the tweeter hole and up your A-Pillar, then mount it on the top. Some people mount the mic on the steering column too.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Mygig rhr

- Bluethoot music streaming
- hdd -stock usb support for mp3 music
- navteq navigation
- uconnect build in

Install are just plug play, oem optic

......but not cheap:)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
11,007 Posts
I retract my statement on the eBay generic double DIN units, they will not fit. The Jensen fit with slight modification but the others have too high of a face to fit through our bezel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone. I opted for a Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX. Just need to get a firmware update to be able to use Apple CarPlay with my iPhone 6.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pumpkin Audio

1.- Tons of 2-Dins HUs, but I am worried about the 206mm x 96mm bezel. I read somewhere that a guy fit his using Xacto knives, but I'm not that crafty. Any suggestions?

2.- Has anyone tried the Autopumpkin seller? The main advantage is the Android 4.4 OS, the ODB2 compatibility and the boost in procesors and RAM.

autopumpkin dot com

1 - 20 of 24 Posts