Jeep Patriot Forums banner

HELP! Annoying noise on doors!

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  rodrigo 
#1 ·
Hi everybody
I got my patriot 12 days ago and the last few days i have started noticing a noise produced on both my front doors when i drive through roads in bad conditions or bumpy zones.

The driver's door noise can be stopped when i press the plastic over the windows above the seat belt rail (where the side air bag is situated).

The others door noise can also be stopped when pressing some of the plastics.

Is there any way i could stop this from happening? Maybe some way to tighten this parts of my latriot so they wont move and make this "clicky" noises!?

I would appreciate any help. Thank you very much!

#2 ·
The best way to solve noise issues is to install soft foam like the kind you can get that adheres on one side. try removing the panel and using comon sense and ood judgment see where you think the noise is being produced. It's usuallu from the metal v clips. Just try installing some foam to take the play out of the panel this will do thesame thing as when you push on it to stop the noise.

#3 ·
Thanka for the help. I think i should try it. Although i think it would be very difficult cause the part i press is part of the roof. And i believe it would be very hard to remove that panel.
I hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.