Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to do something about the oil leak I'm having from the front main seal, crankshaft.

• How much would need to be tore apart to change it?
  • Can it be done without dropping the front of the engine, just remove pulley and change the seal?
  • Do I need to worry about messing up timing or something like that?

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's time to do something about the oil leak I'm having from the front main seal, crankshaft.

• How much would need to be tore apart to change it?
  • Can it be done without dropping the front of the engine, just remove pulley and change the seal?
  • Do I need to worry about messing up timing or something like that?

Thanks in advance for your help!
I did this job to mine when I got it. All you gotta do is remove the plastic bit from under the car, remove the belt, remove the drive pulley, remove and replace the seal (make sure the shaft seems in good condition) and put everything you had off back on. You should be good.

You don't have to drop the motor or anything. Hope that helps!

(I don't remember 100% how to do the job... I did it 3 years ago. Id probably remember as soon as I began that job again)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did this job to mine when I got it. All you gotta do is remove the plastic bit from under the car, remove the belt, remove the drive pulley, remove and replace the seal (make sure the shaft seems in good condition) and put everything you had off back on. You should be good.

You don't have to drop the motor or anything. Hope that helps!

(I don't remember 100% how to do the job... I did it 3 years ago. Id probably remember as soon as I began that job again)
Many thanks BeanPole, this is great news! Gonna go ahead and order the parts next then!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts