Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Had my Jeep CRD Limited for nearly 2 weeks now and my alarm keeps going off for no reason. It's getting annoying now and the neighbours are getting a bit uppity! Spoke to the dealer who said they would need it for at least 2 days to see if they could isolate the problem and even then they are not 100% sure they could fix it.

Any ideas?

·
Fossilized Member
1,792 Posts
A couple of questions...

Where are you exactly when the alarm goes off? Do you always hear it or are you a significant distance away? Do you have your keys in your pocket when the alarm goes off?

I ask these questions because the buttons on my key are VERY sensitive. I can lock, unlock and set off the alarm by just reaching for my comb in my pocket.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

It goes off in morning when i am in the house, and nowhere near the keys.

It does it at different times of the day, when there is not a thing near it.

Cheers Twitcher

·
Fossilized Member
1,792 Posts
Hmmm, a poser for sure. Just out of curiosity, do you know of another Chrysler vehicle in the vicinity whose owner would have a key type similar to yours? I am thinking that when "Bob" next door hits the door open button (let's call it frequency X) his doors open but lo and behold frequency X is precisely the same frequency that is programmed to trip off your alarm had you clicked your panic button. Something along those lines. Not sure what to suggest.

Since this is radio frequency stuff and RF is very susceptible to both constructive and destructive interference, have you tried parking in a different location? I mean backing in instead of driving in, or parking more to the left or right than you typically do now? I ask because sometimes just a foot or two could get you out of some radio path created from surrounding buildings. Again, just a thought.

·
Registered
673 Posts
That brings up a good question. Maybe the dealer can change the frequency on your keyfob/vehicle receiver.

I'm sure that the same procedure they use to make every vehicle have a unique sequence would allow them to change it to a new one.

·
Registered
222 Posts
99% of false alarms are the result of loose connections or damaged wiring. I don't have access to my Jeep or owner's manual at this time to verify what conditions are monitored. The door switches are the first thing I would check. Earl

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spoke to dealer and they say they would need jeep for 2 days and then they are not sure they can fix!!!!! Do not know of any other jeeps in the close area.

Cheers Twitcher

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Update

Alarm was being triggerd by the bonnet switch thinking it was open. Fingers crossed

Twitcher

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi!

Had my Jeep CRD Limited for nearly 2 weeks now and my alarm keeps going off for no reason. It's getting annoying now and the neighbours are getting a bit uppity! Spoke to the dealer who said they would need it for at least 2 days to see if they could isolate the problem and even then they are not 100% sure they could fix it.

Any ideas?
Disconnect the horn. That’s why I did until I can find someone with some knowledge to fix. No return call dealership

1 - 10 of 10 Posts