Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeep has been making squealing noises for the past couple days. Thought it was tires at first (they do need replacing). But on way home almost felt like I hit a bump, something fell off and now it's bouncing and banging. Pulled in the nearest parking lot. This is all I saw in the street.
Hand Finger Automotive lighting Gas Nail

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,388 Posts
Welcome to the group. I've never seen anything like that on my '14. It's definitely not part of the suspension.

·
Administrator
8,225 Posts
Jeep has been making squealing noises for the past couple days. Thought it was tires at first (they do need replacing). But on way home almost felt like I hit a bump, something fell off and now it's bouncing and banging. Pulled in the nearest parking lot. This is all I saw in the street.
View attachment 96907

Going by the part number (05273464), it's the rear axle damper (item #4 in diagram below). It bolts to the rear differential.

Something may have come loose, rusted out, broken, etc. and now the rear drive shaft / differential is flopping around.

Automotive tire Wheel Toy Motor vehicle Gas

Font Handwriting Auto part Parallel Diagram

1 - 3 of 3 Posts