Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am sure I am going to be learning a lot from this site in the near future since I am currently in the market to buy a Patriot. I have narrowed it down to being at least 2011, manual transmission, and 4x4. If anyone has any advice for me about these cars I would love to hear from you guys.

·
8,433 Posts
Welcome! As for advice, I admit I love giving it, but the short version is simply: "do the maintenance."

There's a lot of discussion on here about tire sizes and lifts. You can use the search box above where it says "search community." Lifts and spacers will enable larger than OEM tires but will also shorten the life of front end components. Front end has been a weak point for many, but I wonder how many had monkeyed with their Patriots enough to account for that.

I've had two Patriots.
My 2008 was sold to a friend two years ago. Its still on the road and near 300,000 miles.
My 2014 is about half those miles and so far only brakes and front wheel bearings.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
964 Posts
Welcome to the group!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts