Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,321 Posts
I did that to my Patriot. It is plug and play... if you get all the parts that you need. You'll need the heater control unit, the dome/map light with the integrated infrared thermometer, and the wiring that connects those 2. Best bet is to get them from a pick-a-part junk yard if you can find them.

I got my control unit and map light from ebay, but I had to make the wire connector myself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did that to my Patriot. It is plug and play... if you get all the parts that you need. You'll need the heater control unit, the dome/map light with the integrated infrared thermometer, and the wiring that connects those 2. Best bet is to get them from a pick-a-part junk yard if you can find them.

I got my control unit and map light from ebay, but I had to make the wire connector myself.
Thanks for the feed back. That doesn’t sound too bad. The hardest part seems to be sourcing the parts for a reasonable price. How is the upgrade serving you? Does it feel like a nice luxury to have?

Currently on my list of upgrades to do are oem backup camera (have an ebay part shipping, evic, led fog lights/ backup lights, and maybe the auto temp control.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,321 Posts
I like it. It's kinda neat to just set the temp and leave it. It's something that I got used to really quick, but now never thinnk about. I'm a gadget guy, so it's something that " I just had to have", but it's also something thats very easy to live without.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts