Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if I buy the Mopar Heated Seats, it looks like it comes with 2 rotory dials that must be installed either around the gear shifter or the cupholder. My main question is, if I buy the Mopar aftermarket heated front seat accessory, can I also purchase the OEM "Heated Front Seats" switches for the switch pod?

·
just an average Joe
3,197 Posts
Does anyone know if I buy the Mopar Heated Seats, it looks like it comes with 2 rotory dials that must be installed either around the gear shifter or the cupholder. My main question is, if I buy the Mopar aftermarket heated front seat accessory, can I also purchase the OEM "Heated Front Seats" switches for the switch pod?
Don't know the answer as to whether it would work.

You will have to buy the whole pod to try it. Each circuit board and its switches is unique to the options on the vehicle.

There is a pod for ESP and Hazard only.
There is a pod for Heated Seats with ESP and Hazard.
There is a pod for Heated Seats and Headlight Leveling with ESP and Hazard.

·
Registered
219 Posts
There is a pod for ESP and Hazard only.
There is a pod for Heated Seats with ESP and Hazard.
There is a pod for Heated Seats and Headlight Leveling with ESP and Hazard.
I have the one with Headlight Leveling but someone else on the forum told that he has a one with Heated Mirrors. (Mine heat together with rear window defrost.)

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
I have the Mopar heated seat, and i'm not sure at all if the OEM switch would do it, for the simple reason that as I know (can someone confirm please?) the OEM heated seats only have 2 level of heating. Mopar's one got 3.

·
Registered
219 Posts
as I know (can someone confirm please?) the OEM heated seats only have 2 level of heating. Mopar's one got 3.
OEM heated seats actually have 3 levels but only 2 of them can be selected by user (button being HI - LO - OFF). The third level is automatic. Quote from the owner's manual:

"When HIGH-level heating is selected, the heaters provide a boosted heat level during the first four minutes of operation after heating is activated. The heat output then drops to the normal HIGH-level."

After 30 minutes HIGH drops to LOW and after another 30 minutes the heating turns off automatically. But at least for my bottom HIGH is so warm, I could never keep it on for 30 minutes... We have arctic cold winter and yet I turn it to LOW every time after several minutes. I find Patriot's OEM heaters very effective compared to other cars I've used.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Ok, so the main difference is that with the Mopar seat you control everyhting... Now is the switch doing the automatic work of shifting from MAX to HIGH on the OEM seats? Or is it another hidden module?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Now is the switch doing the automatic work of shifting from MAX to HIGH on the OEM seats? Or is it another hidden module?
Yep, this is important when we think about jdaniel001's situation. But I don't know the answer. :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So the people who have the Mopar heated seats, did you install them yourself or did you have someone else do the install? And if did do it, was it easy? I did see the install guide on the website, but as everyone knows, looks can be decieving. I just my Patriot and I guess with the production levels down, there was only 1 with the security/convienance package in my area and I just could not get my hands on it. I'm not sure if it is worth the extra effort to get heated seats added. The one main reason is that I noticed as soon as I drove it off the lot is that it heats up fairly quickly. So the heater works beautifully.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Ok, so the main difference is that with the Mopar seat you control everyhting... Now is the switch doing the automatic work of shifting from MAX to HIGH on the OEM seats? Or is it another hidden module?
Power feed comes from the TIPM and into the Heated Seat Module, which is located under the passenger seat.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
So the people who have the Mopar heated seats, did you install them yourself or did you have someone else do the install? And if did do it, was it easy? I did see the install guide on the website, but as everyone knows, looks can be decieving. I just my Patriot and I guess with the production levels down, there was only 1 with the security/convienance package in my area and I just could not get my hands on it. I'm not sure if it is worth the extra effort to get heated seats added. The one main reason is that I noticed as soon as I drove it off the lot is that it heats up fairly quickly. So the heater works beautifully.
Heater does heat fast, but heated seats heats even faster! My dealer installed mine, since they sold me a car that they weren't able to find anywhere in Canada. I finally go all the options I asked for, even if some were added by the dealer.

Strange thing is (I'm in Quebec, Canana) that the closest Mopar heated seats were in Florida :)wow:). Are there seriously people in Florida that needs heated seats???

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a Caliber SRT4 and wanted to add heated seats and was wondering if I could use the factory switches just to keep the stock look. Well, I found out that the switches are part of a circuit board that give a digital signal to the TIPM to turn on so that idea didn't work. The Mopar kit comes with 2 switches that with a little sanding, fit where the stock switches wouls be. I haven't been able to install the pads or the rest of the wiring yet but that shouldn't be too hard. The weather is getting a little brisk in the mornings so I better get back to it soon!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Heater does heat fast, but heated seats heats even faster! My dealer installed mine, since they sold me a car that they weren't able to find anywhere in Canada. I finally go all the options I asked for, even if some were added by the dealer.
same conclusion, heated seats heat faster... I'm not sure whats the reason luckily I didn't change mine often...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.