Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot seem to find a list of possible colors for a factory headliner replacement. Is there only the one white headliner available?

The reason I ask is my headliner is going to be replaced after it had a repair attempt go horribly wrong. For the full story, check out my STOLEN thread, and this is one of the many things that was to be repaired.

There was a small burn in the liner, right above the driver window. After a botched repair that the repair shop sub-let out for $180, here is the current state of my headliner:

As you can see, there is now a yellow substance inside the hole, and the liner is stained from whatever chemical they used on it. There is also a secondary, lighter stain that encompasses quite an area.

The repair shop IS going to replace the whole liner. So I thought:

"Does it have to be white? Are there other, less easily soiled, colours available?"

But, alas, I cannot find any info on this subject. So, does anyone out there in Riotland know?

· just an average Joe
3,195 Posts
White is it unless you can find some way to dye it.

I think all of the Chrysler line now uses the light headliner to make the cabin feel more roomy... but the downside is that everywhere you touch it, especially the sun visors it gets stained.

I would have prefered the entire interior be the slate grey.

· Registered
141 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, slate grey or even match another colour from the interior. I'd love it if they had that medium shade of brown that is also in the interior. Ah well, guess it's plain ol' white for me....

· just an average Joe
3,195 Posts
Um... Handsoap anyone?
Clean hands still have natural body oils... you touch the visor, oil transfers, small dust and dirt particles that are blowing around then sticks.

· Registered
219 Posts
I would have prefered the entire interior be the slate grey.
I agree! Using white color in any part of the car interior is a bad idea. No matter how careful you are, it will not stay clean for long.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.