Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden today, my blinker/headlight control lever and my windshield wiper levers both stopped working simultaneously. I've never had any indication of a problem before this, so it seems very surprising. I've removed all the dash area panels to expose the wiring coming from and in the area of the steering wheel. I figured something must have rattled loose, a snap in connector or something, but all the connections are snug. Anybody have any ideas? I'd really appreciate any info. I don't want to take it to the dealership and end up paying $500 for them to fix a short.

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
Hi & Welcome to the Family---Dont know how to fix your prob but no doubt some one with more experience of prob will comw along soon & help you out!! Have you tried the SEARCH button & checked it out??? I take it you Vehicle is out of warranty???

·
POTM November 2008
8,921 Posts
Did you check the fuse? Perhaps there is a main power fuse that goes to the steering column. Check your owner's manual. It says what all the fuses do and where they are.

·
Registered
962 Posts
the dealer will fix it if youre in warranty...otherwise it might be the stalk thats done. I'd get this checked out, the neons used to have these things burn/melt/start small fires

·
Registered
397 Posts
go with the basics first look at the fuses first I would check all of them.My back wiper intermitenly worked and it was actually a fuse for the accesories/12v outlet!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts