Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
Jeep Patriot North 2.4L, 4x2, 5 spd manual transmission . .
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum

My 2008 Pat's Hazards flashers will sometimes flash a couple of times when entering the car. I've noticed them flashing as well on their own.... not all the time. I've G searched and searched through here and can't find anything. Can't find an answer in my manual either. (I got a hard copy manual from previous owner but he only had it in French.)

Is this a fuse issue? Something else, perhaps?

Thanks for feedback.

Gary

· Registered
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport
5,468 Posts
Has it always done that? I know there are some user settable behaviors you can turn on and off for example you can change the doors to unlock just the driver door or all doors with a single key fob press. Maybe there also one for indicating the flashers?

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has it always done that? I know there are some user settable behaviors you can turn on and off for example you can change the doors to unlock just the driver door or all doors with a single key fob press. Maybe there also one for indicating the flashers?
@todde702
Thanks very much! I'll try noodling around for that... It rarely happens, but was disconcerting. One press on the FOB opens just the drivers door, a second, opens all five. Maybe I'm just not always noticing it? Getting my 2008 Pat. North up-to-snuff has been a labour of love. I love the thing.

· Administrator
8,769 Posts
If it's something that rarely happens, it might be the along the lines of the horn honking by itself, which is sometimes caused by the TIPM failing.

If you need an owners manual you can get one here:

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it's something that rarely happens, it might be the along the lines of the horn honking by itself, which is sometimes caused by the TIPM failing.

If you need an owners manual you can get one here:
@Sandstone
Many thanks..
Yeah, I went down to check my battery and watched the dash as I double pressed the FOB to unlock and the Hazards flashed once..
Maybe I accidentally hit the FOB when I was sitting in the driver's seat when the Hazards flashed once.

Thanks again folks!

Gary.

· Registered
43 Posts
On my 2014 every time I use the key fob to unlock the doors the hazards flash once. And the headlights come on. Also, when I lock the doors with the key fob, the hazards flash once and the horn honks.

This is done, so you know the key fob is communicating with the car.

This is normal depending on how the computer was set up. These settings can be changed!

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On my 2014 every time I use the key fob to unlock the doors the hazards flash once. And the headlights come on. Also, when I lock the doors with the key fob, the hazards flash once and the horn honks.

This is done, so you know the key fob is communicating with the car.

This is normal depending on how the computer was set up. These settings can be changed!
@afkjr

Thanks a bunch. Comforting to see that flashing hazards is consistent when using the FOB and that it's not an ET following me around. Cheers!

· Registered
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport
5,468 Posts
Download the manual though as some of those behaviors are changeable. I have mine set for no horn blast when locking and unlock all doors with one press. The default is horn and double press for all doors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts