Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well folks, I have been lurking and gathering info from here for a little while. I found this site through Google. I have been active in the JK site and I'm looking foward to talking to you guys/gals.
I have been a Wrangler owner for almost 4 years, and was looking for something a little dryer, quieter, and more fuel efficient. I had thought about the Patriot, the Escape and the Forester, but with Jeep in the bloodline, I chose the Patriot.
2 days ago I went to test drive one at my local dealer. I came prepared with internet pricing from other dealers and a good sense of what I wanted. They had a Latitude with the auto stick on the lot in black, I was kinda of looking for green but at this time they are hard to find(in the NorthEast). I have been round and round with the FD1 or FDII for sometime now and decided the FD1 would be a better choice at this time. (Looking at pay reduction and gas prices going up).

I usually start modding my cars about an hour after I own them, stickers first and then the interior. I ordered Cabelas seat covers for it yesterday and I'm looking to do something to the headliner to keep the Dog hair off it. I am going to install a class three hitch and find a spot to mount my scanner.

Well have a safe and Happy New Year.
John
Hudson Valley NY.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I really wanted to see a green one first, but there weren't any in a 50 miles radius.
I had it off road on Friday, some snow covered fileds while Geese hunting. It performed great, just used front wheel drive, not needing 4wd. Snow was about 8 inches in spots. I took a couple of photos, but this laptop is not recognizing my Iphone right now.

·
Seriously Addicted
4,074 Posts
I'll have to admit I love the green the most. I was originally looking at a red one until I saw the green one online. After seeing it I had to have it. Black is still a really great color for the Patriot. Especially the 2011's.

I haven't taken my Patriot off roading. Partly because I have a 2wd and I live at the beach so no real good options there.

Looking forward to seeing those pics.

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
Welcome! Thanks for the photos, your Patriot looks good.

They work really well in the AWD mode (without 4x4 locked in) and the only time I lock mine in is off road.

Look around the site, there are a few "how to's" on installing hitches, and you might find some ideas about where to mount your scanner.

Usually the first mod most folks make is to paint the muffler, but for you with the 11 model you don't need to do that.

Where in NY are you? I live about 15 mins south of NY in PA.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thank you, I really wanted to see a green one first, but there weren't any in a 50 miles radius.
I had it off road on Friday, some snow covered fileds while Geese hunting. It performed great, just used front wheel drive, not needing 4wd. Snow was about 8 inches in spots. I took a couple of photos, but this laptop is not recognizing my Iphone right now.
Hello and Welcome! I had my heart set on "jeep green" too, but ended up with Silver and the longer I have it the more I like it. Your jeep looks great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts