Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks-
Took delivery of my new 2011 Patriot yesterday. I really am pleased. I have been reading/following the forum for several weeks since putting in my order.

Two observations about the 2011 in relation to topics covered (and covered and covered....) here.

ONE: Air Cleaner
It appears that the 2011 2.4 has a factory cold air intake. The filter element is a round cylinder and enclosed in a chamber that gets air directly from the grill. I know that pictures would help. I will try to post some. The owners manual does not have a part # for the filter. The Fram site and K&N do not have #'s either. I think earlier models have a flat panel filter. If any of resident detective/problem solvers that inhabit the site can dig up a number, I welcome the help. I have always used K&N air filters and personally believe they enhance MPG and performance, but I do not want to open up that debate- that is just my opinion. With a stock number I can cross reference the numeber. I will call the dealer's parts department on Monday also.

TWO: Trailer Hitch
The new rear fascia is lower and goes almost back/up to the muffler. I can't imagine any of the hitches designed for the previous models fitting without major intervention with a sabre saw. A new design, to accomodate the new fascia would be awfully low. Since I would like to install a hitch, I wecome input and feedback from the resident experts and problem solvers. I have sent an e-mail to Curt Manufacturing asking for an update.

I would appreciate your help.

·
Patriot Crash Test Dummy
1,357 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm also on the hunt for a hitch that won't make me chop up my brand new car too bad. Ill keep you posted if I find something, and letter us know if you come across a good one!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi Folks-
Took delivery of my new 2011 Patriot yesterday. I really am pleased. I have been reading/following the forum for several weeks since putting in my order.
As a potential buyer, I would be very interested in reading more about your impressions and experiences with the 2011 Patriot. With lots of detail.

Right now, I am on the fence. I like to believe that the 2011s have fixed the big problems that past models had.

·
Patriot Crash Test Dummy
1,357 Posts
Jeepskate, Id love to be able to tell you that my 2011 doesnt have any of the issues that my 08 had, but my 08 never really had any problems:) Both of mine have been great. There have been some drastic improvements that Ive noticed in the '11, mainly dealing with ride quality and suspension. The new one is like driving a whole new car compared to the 08. Other than that, Id have to say theyre about the same. I think youd really enjoy the 2011, so go for it!

·
Registered
822 Posts
You might see what the Mopar Parts people have for a trailer hitch. Does the 2011 still require FDII to tow 2,000 lbs? My 2008 with the trailer tow prep (wiring harness, oil cooler, and full size spare) was rated for 2,000 lbs, but I understand the 2009 and later require the FDII to go from 1,000 lbs to 2,000 lbs.

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Do yous guys have a chain of fitting shops in America called Towspec? They specialize solely in fitting towing equipment over here, from the smallest little camper trailers up to, well, "Sir, you'll require a street-closure permit and police outriders for this particular job"....
And, do you have Witters over there? Witters bring out compatible towbars for new models of vehicles very quickly indeed. I bought one of the very first LandRover |Freelanders ever made, they were literally only a few weeks old, and Witters had already produced the towbar specific to that model.

Rocal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts