Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.... '17 high altitude patriot here. Contemplating switching the halogen lights to auxbeam LEDs. was wondering if anyone has used these...
auxbeam f-16 series H13/9008 hi/lo led

if you have, did you have to use this with it?
Auxbeam LED Conversion Headlight Error Free Canbus Driver for H13/9008

I've been scanning the forums trying to find information.. figured I'd add/piggyback a topic.
thanks for help in advance. I will be posting more and uploading pics once things are in.

sorry I can't post links yet, as this is my first posting.

~The Hood

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went through a few different canbus error canceling harnesses and the didn't work. Found a resistor harness for HID bulbs on amazon and it works for my LEDs

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi do you have the link for said resistor? I've tried multiple sets and bought a couple cancelers to no avail :( my led fogs work just fine though

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
I believe the LED headlight conversion--especially for the Patriot--has a lot of research and development ahead of it at this time--I notice that Diode Dynamics doesn't have a kit for Patriots, and they now do for all other lamps. If you talk with owner/drivers of the new Fords that pioneered with LED headlights, many of them-especially fleet owners--will tell you that while the LEDs seem brighter, the don't have the penetration power of HIDs or Halagens. Soon, perhaps, and I wonder if the LEDs would be better suited for projector housings, rather than standard reflectors? There's still too much development that needs to be done to invest $70+ into "supposedly" brighter lamps. However, if you do make this modification, please review your results with the forum--after all, "inquiring minds, et. al..."

Reactions: principalofawesome

·
Registered
34 Posts
if there anything like the kit I bought off Amazon I'd say stay away horrible beam pattern and glare like a mofo...bright up close but definitely no distance....save your money and get a reliable kit you'll get what you pay for as far as led headlights go

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
I had to use a relay to inject more power - no issues since - and that was for an HID conversion.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Croat....how's the beam pattern and glare with hid's in the stock housing? thinking of going with the gen 3 kit from gtr lighting but not sure on hid or led.. would hate to make an expensive mistake

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Perfect, no complaints - I love it and never looked back!
Also they kit was like $25 so it was a very inexpensive upgrade.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Used a standard HID power relay - nothing canbus.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Can I suggest HID's with a proper projector retrofit to get some of the best lighting? Adding PnP LED's or HID's is risky when it comes to getting better lighting at night without causing glare to oncoming traffic. I have seen some PnP's that look decent when shining on a wall, so maybe there are decent options out there.

I just finished retrofitting my Patriot and am more than pleased with the light output. It is unbelievable the amount of safe and useable light spread that does not cause glare to other drivers. I have 3" Bi-Xenon projectors using Osram brand HID bulbs. Also using a 110mm switchback halo mounted behind the projector shroud as well as a pair of demon eyes to light up the lens. Everything I needed came from theretrofitsource.com. I'll help answer any questions.

light output @ 7000k HID bulb

I have plenty more pics of the build and can get more of output if interested.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Low/High beams and foreground lighting

1 - 14 of 14 Posts