Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a search, and can't seem to find anything about how to remove the grill. Surely, someone has done it already. :confused:

To Plasti-Dip the front silver piece on the bumper, it looks I'd want to remove the grill to do it right, and before I start tearing into it, I wanted to see if anyone has already done it and maybe posted some pics.

If this is a redundant post, could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks :)

·
Not Sponsored
6,824 Posts
Are you talking about removing the entire front or just the grille?

Sent from my Droid Charge using Autoguide.com App

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
It is here somewhere, do remember seeing it,
Just my search skills really suck.
Maybe they called it something else,
Or try browsing bumper removal threads

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
People forget to tag their how to posts and they sort of disappear...

I've had best luck using Google, 9 times out of 10 it is this forum that comes up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
grill removeal. cheap insert

Hey Guys Its real easy to remove the stock grill. If u need help call me. Nine 2 zero 4 one 2 2 seven 9 five

I bought Some metal mesh FROM fleet farm pic to fOLlow

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just looked/started to remove the grill..

There are 6 or seven screws on the top, and what appears to be two clips on the lower sides, probably the bottom, too. It seems fastened at the bottom, so it may be all one piece with the bumper, but won't know til this weekend. If it is a one piece, then I won't be taking it off because getting to the silver piece on the front bumper is my goal, just to tape it off.

I didn't want to remove the screws and then try pulling the clips just to break it. Search still doesn't return anything...

Of course, I could do the silver piece AND the grill in plasti-dip, if all else fails ;)

·
Premium Member
4,094 Posts
I took the whole front end of my Patriot off by removing many screws. It was one piece if I remember, I think I remember.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, won't be doing this until (if) I do any lighting, because, as I mentioned, separating the grill from the silver bumper piece on the Limited is my goal. But thanks for the info :notworthy:

·
Not Sponsored
6,824 Posts
Yeah, there's 7 torx bits on top, they use a size 20, 3 books in each wheel well, they use a 7mm socket, and the 2 push in pin things on each side of the bottom, which take a screw driver and some pliers. Then when you pull your bumper, you need to envelop the wiring to your corner lights. Hope that helped.

Sent from Android using Autoguide. Excuse my spelling.

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
The push pin connectors (I refer to them all as Toyota screws) come out real easy and undamaged if you use a specialty tool that upholsterers use.

It looks liker a screwdriver with a bend in the shank and a V cut into the blade of the driver.

Slip it under the centre push pin and rock, then push it under the main part of the push pin and rock.

I hope this post is still here...I'm going to Google image and see if I can find a picture.

Oh, look...they have push pin pliers!
http://www.harborfreight.com/push-pin-pliers-67400.html

And attached is what I'm talking about.
I haven't the faintest idea as to why I would have a tool like that but I do and it works great.

The one in the picture is a VW part, the stock number is on the handle.
Mine is just a beat up old thing, probably acquired at a garage sale.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts