Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home earlier and its night time. I noticed a green flashing light on my foot. Right above the pedals. Anyone know what this is???

Registered
Hmmmm, good question. Not sure what would cause it馃 I have seen alien abduction movies start that way tho馃槷

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmm, good question. Not sure what would cause it馃 I have seen alien abduction movies start that way tho馃槷
lol. mine was used as a fleet car for braums actually before i had it. maybe braums was in on the area 51 raid.

Registered
If it was a fleet vehicle, they might have installed something in it like a monitor or tracker. Is there anything plugged into the OBD2 port? When I worked for AT&T, all of our vehicles had devices installed that would let them be tracked, and in the event of an accident, would also provide "black box" type data. Some of the devices simply plugged into the OBD2 port, but most were wired in so that they couldn't be easily unplugged.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
If it was a fleet vehicle, they might have installed something in it like a monitor or tracker. Is there anything plugged into the OBD2 port? When I worked for AT&T, all of our vehicles had devices installed that would let them be tracked, and in the event of an accident, would also provide "black box" type data. Some of the devices simply plugged into the OBD2 port, but most were wired in so that they couldn't be easily unplugged.
I got curious and looked. It's not in the obd2 port. But it is a little black box.
I think you're right.

Attachments

Registered
That looks very similar to the devices that were in the AT&T vehicles that I've seen, except those didn't have the carbon fiber look.

Registered
Did a Bing search for part of the number you can read and was able to find two main hits for 2aaq6tc05 (slightly different but close) which gave me: 2aaq6tc05 install - Bing and

And for 2aaq6tc05 in car which led me to this hit in reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/whatisthisthing/comments/3u579m
Both returns gave several hits for GPS Tracker devices, so either someone forgot to take their tracker out or you are being tracked for some reason. Do what one of the movies did recently. Tape the device to a long-haul truck. Might not do anything but maybe it will also. In any event, I would not keep it in my car or even in my garage/home.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Did a Bing search for part of the number you can read and was able to find two main hits for 2aaq6tc05 (slightly different but close) which gave me: 2aaq6tc05 install - Bing and

And for 2aaq6tc05 in car which led me to this hit in reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/whatisthisthing/comments/3u579m
Both returns gave several hits for GPS Tracker devices, so either someone forgot to take their tracker out or you are being tracked for some reason. Do what one of the movies did recently. Tape the device to a long-haul truck. Might not do anything but maybe it will also. In any event, I would not keep it in my car or even in my garage/home.
I threw it away lol. But without a power supply I dont think they can track it. Not for long anyway.

Registered
If you bought it at a used car lot and are making payment it could be there way of tracking the car if they needed to repo...well it could have been but its long gone now. I used to work at a used car lot that did that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts