Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the connector is for the light on the gear shift? it does not light up ever since i i got my transmission changed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think its the bulb. There are other lights like the traction control seat warmers and other around that area that no longer light up ether...

·
Major Modificator
498 Posts
Weird... I had an issue where the top bulb on the fan control knob (1st gen style) would randomly not light up. I tried looking up your problem. Best bet would be go to a dealership and they can show you a wiring diagram.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm bringing it in on Friday for maintnence so I will get them to look at it at the same time.

Thanks for helping out

·
2012 POTY
6,154 Posts
I have a feeling that when the transmission was replaced they didn't plug back the wiring for the lights. You can pop the shifter cover and check it yourself. I'm not 100% sure where the plug would be on the Patriot but on all other cars where I removed the shifter cover the plug was right there.

·
Major Modificator
498 Posts
I have a feeling that when the transmission was replaced they didn't plug back the wiring for the lights. You can pop the shifter cover and check it yourself. I'm not 100% sure where the plug would be on the Patriot but on all other cars where I removed the shifter cover the plug was right there.
I popped the cover off on mine, the wires ran deep into the driver-side footwell. maybe its behind the black plastic wrap-around... would be nice to know since I plan on wiring up different colored LED's for the PRND and dont wanna ruin the stock wire.

·
Major Modificator
498 Posts
Do all patriots gear shift panel letters light up? Mine don't light up. :(

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
i would assume so. Its all one bulb. If you want to check, just pop off the black cover and see if there's a bulb and if its burned out. I know MY among others have some interior lighting issues. I have to smack my HVAC to get it to light up some times. All the connectors are fine too.

·
Not Sponsored
6,879 Posts
i would assume so. Its all one bulb. If you want to check, just pop off the black cover and see if there's a bulb and if its burned out. I know MY among others have some interior lighting issues. I have to smack my HVAC to get it to light up some times. All the connectors are fine too.
My bulb burnt out, so I replaced it. A year later the bulb is still functional but the connections seem to be bad. Rarely, when installing my dash back together after a tablet update it'll flick on and right back off.

·
Major Modificator
498 Posts
My bulb burnt out, so I replaced it. A year later the bulb is still functional but the connections seem to be bad. Rarely, when installing my dash back together after a tablet update it'll flick on and right back off.

I forgot you shoved a tablet in that thing. You got a quick pic? I would love to install one with a single, or maybe a double din radio

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Honestly I think I did the best thing to fix my patriot problem... Got rid of it and bought a real truck

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Isn't there a gear (PRND) indication in the instrument cluster? I rely on that.

·
Major Modificator
498 Posts
there is, but if something's supposed to light up, it should light up. It's an annoyance, and it seems these vehicles have horrible interior wiring. I want to do a full LED swap, but if half of them aren't going to light up when they should, why bother?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts