Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this on their 2015 Patriot? I got my Patriot last month and only noticed that there's a bit of a gap between my right front signal light from the fender? You can almost fit your finger through it and the gap is wider compared to the left signal light. I just noticed it a few days after when I got my Patriot out from the dealership. Is this normal?

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Does anyone have this on their 2015 Patriot? I got my Patriot last month and only noticed that there's a bit of a gap between my right front signal light from the fender? You can almost fit your finger through it and the gap is wider compared to the left signal light. I just noticed it a few days after when I got my Patriot out from the dealership. Is this normal?
I would say that a 'gap' is not unusual - but for it to be big enough that you fit your finger in ... Not normal.

Further that it doesn't match up to the otherside of the bumper ... I would take it back to the dealership and have them adjust it.

Don't think its a broken clip, but dident sound like its sitting right.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have had a good look of the car before signing it out of the dealership. I guess excitement took over me and just signed away. I'll have them tighten or fix it up on the free 1000km check up.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Here's some photos of the gap. Doesn't look like it's sitting right on the fenders.
I have a fairly similar kind of gap and other Partriots I've noticed in car parks have a similar gap to that also.

Maybe have a look at others at your dealership and see if it is similar.

I definitely couldn't nearly fit a finger in mine. But if you have concerns take it to the dealership, they should be able to assist.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a fairly similar kind of gap and other Partriots I've noticed in car parks have a similar gap to that also.

Maybe have a look at others at your dealership and see if it is similar.

I definitely couldn't nearly fit a finger in mine. But if you have concerns take it to the dealership, they should be able to assist.
Will do. I tried looking at other Patriots as well it seems like theres a gap, its just that mine looks wider in one side than the other and comparing it to other Patriots I see as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Same here... one month Pat with gap between my right front signal light from the fender. Slightly wider on the right side but not big enough to fit my finger. Maybe 5mm wide.

I noticed in the dealership this is how they look now. I guess we just have to get used to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just noticed this was a Regional Forum thread. Sorry!

I search "fender", saw your post and had the same issue with the front signal gap.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Same here... one month Pat with gap between my right front signal light from the fender. Slightly wider on the right side but not big enough to fit my finger. Maybe 5mm wide.

I noticed in the dealership this is how they look now. I guess we just have to get used to it.
It sounds like it's normal on our Patriots or at least for the 2015 models.

·
Registered
15 Posts
we have 2 patriots and both has a small gap in the same place. at first i did question it with the dealer but then i did my research and looked at a few others even a few o seen on the streeet and they were the same

1 - 11 of 11 Posts