Jeep Patriot Forums banner

FWD lift kit

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  J.riot 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I’ve got a keep patriot that is front wheel drive and have been trying to find a lift kit for it but with no luck. Anyone any history with FWD lift kits on these or anyone know a good one? Mines a 2008 Jeep Patriot CRD limited.

#2 ·
Stucoils will probably fit, but I would contact them to verify:

A small Tema kit might also work:

Just beware that adding a lift, especially for older vehicles with worn parts, could result in suspension and driveline issues, like creaking or vibration on acceleration, etc.

#3 ·
I plan on purchasing this lift from RRO. I have a 2008 FWD as well and I’m going to replace the majority of my original suspension parts to avoid any issues. To get an extra inch I also plan on putting in 2nd gen (2011-2017) struts and springs to gain an extra inch for 3” total of suspension lift + whatever i gain from bigger tyres.

#6 ·
You're right that just about every lift has had it's share of mixed results, some more than others.

The top mount spacer lifts push the CV joints closer to their limits causing vibration, etc, so the smaller you go the less likely you'll have issues.

The most common complaint with lift coils like STU's is topping out over drop offs like pot holes, and some don't like the firmer ride.

Getting the right tire and rim combo will give you the most bang for the buck for looks and performance with the least amount of side effects, and if you do have problems it's less work to swap a set of tires out than remove a lift that's causing problems. If you want to start wheeling on light trails (yes, you can wheel a FWD :) ), tires will do more good than a lift, and a set of skid plates is a good option.

I'd say start with the tires first and see how that goes, then you can decide if you really need/want a lift, and whether the extra cost, work, risk, etc. will be worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.