Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where the Fuse Box for the Inside is??

I know most cars/trucks have it under the dash on driver side but looked there and a few other place it.. i havent seen it please help me out ppl.. thanks!!!

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
It should tell you In your owners handbook??? Oh hello & welcome --go to the Newbie Forum & introduce yourself---Cheers!

·
just an average Joe
3,284 Posts
Fuses are in engine compartment.

Next to the engine air filter housing, behind the battery, in front of the suspension strut tower.
2008-Patriot-owners manual 338.jpg

Fuse Box (TIPM - Totally Integrated Power Module) with cover removed:

Refer to the Owner's Manual for description of fuses within the TIPM.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know of that one i was just wondering if there any fuses under the dash area ..

·
just an average Joe
3,284 Posts
This information is based on '07 wiring diagrams ('08 is the same except for tailights and possible some other).
I don't know whether it is still the same for '09 and '10.

I ran my rearview camera system off of the 12V power outlet. (indicated on wiring diagrams as Fuse 16)
PK/BK (Pink with Black Stripe) - FISO (Fused Ignition Switch Output) Run-ACC
BK/LG (Black with Light Green Stripe) - Ground

Click the picture to see my install thread.

If you don't have heated seats you could use the power lead in the connector below the driver seat.
Wiring connectors site

C305
PK/YL (Pink with Yellow Stripe) - FISO Run (indicated on wiring diagrams as Fuse 30)
BK/LB (Black with Light Blue Stripe) - Ground

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I have a jeep Patriot 2009, the back blinking lights to turn rigth and left doesn't work, I have checked the bulbs and that are correct, and I checked volt and measure 0 volt (when checked the taillights measure 12 volts). So I think is a fuse, but I don't understand the owner manual description to know wich one is the correct fuse.

Could you help me to know where is this fuse? or any other suggestion?

Thank you very much.

·
Sept 2009 POTM
2,915 Posts
JM3,
Fuse #3 is listed as "CHMSL Brake Switch Feed" in the manual. I believe that's the one you'd be looking for.

In this picture, it's the red 10A fuse at the far right of the image, 3rd from the bottom. From the bottom you have a blank large socket, then a blue 15A fuse, then this red 10A fuse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone know where the Fuse Box for the Inside is??

I know most cars/trucks have it under the dash on driver side but looked there and a few other place it.. i havent seen it please help me out ppl.. thanks!!!
The fuse box is under the hood in the top right. It's covered by a plastic top. I had a hell of a time finding it my self. I think I did find it in the owner's manual when I looked.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fuses - roll your own

I ran a 10 ga primary wire from the battery (fused @ 20 amps) to an auxiliary fuse block under the dash. I can now run up to 6 independently fused circuits from there. The block uses ATC fuses (avail @ Princess Auto here in Canada)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Heated seats, hazards and esp buttons all don't work. I'm suspecting whole button assembly? Have checked all fuses. Any other thoughts? Anyone know what one costs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dashboard light went out and so did my tail lights. But when I checked the fuse box in the hood, all of my fuses were in good condition. I have 2008 jeep patriot and pepboys told me that their is another fuse box on the inside by the driver seat. Is this true? And if not, what could the issue be?

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
I know of that one i was just wondering if there any fuses under the dash area ..
If there is, it's an aftermarket add-on...good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Guys...just following on from this...I installed LED fog lights and even though all my lights work (low beam and fog lights) the dash light for the low beam won’t work. Does anybody know why this is and which fuse I need to change...if it is a blown fuse? Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts