Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hate paying stealership prices for parts at service time

just had our 1.5yr service and supplied them with everything (saved about $40 on air filter (they wanted $82), $20 on oil filter (they wanted $38), $20 on cabin filter (they wanted $44) and $20 on oil - all genuine parts)

our next service on our 08 CRD needs a fuel filter and they want $90 !!! :wow: just to supply the filter

does anyone know where the CRD fuel filter is? i'm hoping VW can supply for less (if it's a VW filter)

anyone in aus with a better price?? or online prices?

ta

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do you own service or pay price to dealer you are cheap Harold. you all talk and not know how to fix you Patriot ? HA HA.
MEOW - thanks heaps for your considered input (maybe learn english before posting next time)

I have serviced my own cars for years before now. Never been able to afford a new car before this Patriot. I also enjoy tinkering. I'm not an expert, but I can do most things mechanical apart from rebuilding an engine after a broken timing belt (as just happened on my other car) or the modern electrics/electronics.

I am not cheap. I am careful with my money. I am irritated by the sheer daylight robbery of so called experts charging me 2-3 times the cost of something. They even tried to charge me $34 to change the cabin filter (for labour only). I timed myself to do it when I got home. 2mins 30secs from unlocking the door to locking it. Now that's a great rate of pay for them $816/hr !!! That's a rip off in anyones currency.

Over here (regardless of the correctness of it) a service book that is signed/stamped by the owner carries little to no weight, if a warranty claim was to arise.

If you have nothing constructive to say, say nothing.

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
Cant find any of my old Patriot bills Harold , but just for comparison ---Prices from my last 2.4 Avenger service...Engine oil filter..£5.87p----& A/c Heater filter...£11.90p

This looks to be ( Approx) Aus.$12 & Aus$ 24.....!!!

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
Found this through Google for the filter location.

The fuel filter assembly is mounted to the cowl near the brake booster. The fuel filter is a disposable canister. The paper element of the fuel filter protects the fuel injection pump by removing contaminates from the fuel. Integral to the fuel filter assembly is a single spring diaphragm fuel pressure regulator used to maintain the fuel pressure at a constant value under all driving conditions. The fuel regulator are serviced along with the filter as an assembly. The fuel filter should be replaced every 20,000 km.
And this for a price:
http://seekpart24.com/jeep/patriot-08/2-0-crd-3/fuel-filter-100261

Mann Filters
Part Number: WK 722/1

Height: 138 mm
Inlet Ø [mm]: 9,5
Outer Diameter: 76 mm
Outlet Ø [mm]: 9,5
41.20 EUR

·
Registered
49 Posts
The filter is a standrd MANN Filter fitted to loads of different vehicles I got a VW branded one for 18 uk pounds.

Here is a picture of the filter from a UK car (it may be somewhere else on a LHD vehicle) marked in red, after the air filter is removed.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
Here is a picture of the filter from a UK car (it may be somewhere else on a LHD vehicle) marked in red, after the air filter is removed.
Oh dear Spence! The oil fill cap is on upside down! Now it's a 710 cap! LOL

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The filter is a standrd MANN Filter fitted to loads of different vehicles I got a VW branded one for 18 uk pounds.

thanks mate....we also have the wheel on the correct side here down under ;)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I think the fuel filter is in the gas tank of the petrol versions....makes for a little more labor when changing it.

I'm one too that would never let the dealer service simple stuff that I can do myself. Doesn't seem to matter what it is, they charge crazy prices for it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts