Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a new member here to the forum...but not necessarily new to Patriots or Jeeps for that matter.

I just recently purchased a 2011 Patriot North Edition, 5-speed 4x4...And it came with this pretty cool custom off-road front bumper and winch assembly.

However, I believe the Winch and Bumper are possibly too heavy for the car...and weighing it down causing the suspension to be compressed and giving also what appears to be some negative camber in the front wheels.

I want to retain the Winch and Bumper assembly, and I'm not looking into lifting the entire Jeep past stock height. I just want it to sit and ride at normal height again. Are Strut spacers the way to go? Some kind of leveling kit? Maybe ordering a lift kit, but only for the front? Suggestions?

Thanks

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,593 Posts
Suspension was beefed in later years, but I think 2011 was the start of that. Moog brand springs of the right size may be a little stiffer, or you can try the Murchison STU coils from Australia, which are much stiffer with 1-2" ride height improvement over what you'd have from the factory. Or the Rocky Road, Performex, and Rough Country lifts all use spacers to give you 2" or (Rocky Road specific) 2 1/8" extra ride height on factory springs. I don't think any would sell you just the front spacers or STU just the front springs, so you'd be potentially wasting a little money if you go that route, but those are the options I can think of, short of a custom fabrication shop, which would also mean $$$$$$$$$.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Raised King springs can be purchased in pairs. Usually on eBay for about $190aud. I think they claim a 30mm lift.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello, I am a new member here to the forum...but not necessarily new to Patriots or Jeeps for that matter.

I just recently purchased a 2011 Patriot North Edition, 5-speed 4x4...And it came with this pretty cool custom off-road front bumper and winch assembly.

However, I believe the Winch and Bumper are possibly too heavy for the car...and weighing it down causing the suspension to be compressed and giving also what appears to be some negative camber in the front wheels.

I want to retain the Winch and Bumper assembly, and I'm not looking into lifting the entire Jeep past stock height. I just want it to sit and ride at normal height again. Are Strut spacers the way to go? Some kind of leveling kit? Maybe ordering a lift kit, but only for the front? Suggestions?

Thanks

View attachment 93827

View attachment 93828
Check out Rough Country's new N3 strut, which is a step up from the standard 2" spacer kit. Don't have them myself but holding for another forum user's update on their April 21 installation. Also, a RC dealer I spoke to said they'd give a ride much closer to factory feel than the spacer.

If you have a lead, I'm looking for a rear tire swing option that doesn't involve a heavy bumper replacement for exactly this reason. Not enough power in the Pats to handle these Wrangler-type mods.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone for your helpful replies. I am going to try the route of purchasing the extra STU springs that Flamewave has on hand. I'll come back at a later time and post pictures when they (or whichever spring) is installed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts