Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a used 2010 jeep patriot 2 weeks ago and I think I might have overlooked if the parking lights were working properly. Anyways a couple days ago I noticed my front right parking light was out but my front right signal was still working properly so I assumed there must be 2 separate bulbs for both of these. So I looked up how to change it and got in through though the wheel well but I can only find one light. I was wondering if someone could let me know if there is 2 or only 1 light for the front park lights and the front signal and if there is only one what would be causing my signal to work but not my parking light?

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,454 Posts
Since the turn signal is working, it's most likely not a ground issue. The 2 most likely causes are a bad bulb or a broken wire at the bulb socket. There's 2 lighting elements in the bulb, one for the parking light and one for the turn signal, so it's most likely that the parking light element burned out and the turn signal element is still good.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bringing this thread back to life...

I just noticed the same issue with my 2012, no front passenger parking light but the turn signal is working.

Did you ever find the cause?
Was reading Dealer may have to program them to come on. Rear works. No signal from harness wire that has been cut on both sides. Only 2 wires into sockets,not 3. WBIT

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport
5,488 Posts
I'd say you found the problem. It's supposed to be a three wire socket. Can you post a picture of what you see?

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport
5,488 Posts
I'm not seeing a picture for some reason.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts