Jeep Patriot Forums banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The drain is on the bottom passenger side of the radiator. There is a peacock just above it that you will not be able to see unless you remove the front bumper/grill assemble as I had to. The peacock must br turned to the vertices (up and down) position and then pulled out of its seated position. It will move about .5-.75 inches and then the drain will flow. Remove the cap to increase flow once the peacock is pulled. After draining push the valve back in and return to the horizontal position. Not sure if any of this can be accomplished without removing the bumper so save yourself the frustration and spend 20 minutes removing it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not a long time ago I could read in other forum that the drain plug can be accesed removing the passenger wheelhouse splash shield. In three or four month I'll try it and I'll tell you if I got it.

Have anybody tried in this way?

Regards.
I bought the Haynes manual and this is the method they recommend. You have to jack up the passenger side, remove the wheel, remove the splash guard. Then you will have access. They also say there is an engine block drain plug as well. But doesn’t the engine block get cleaned when you run the distilled water through and crank up the heat? I also will try this in a month or so.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts