Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally found a place that will ship OEM Jeep Patriot FDii skid plates to Australia.

The 4x4/AWD Jeep Patriots in Australia aren't FDII or FDI, they're somewhere in the middle from my understanding.

And we also have a much bigger, uglier bumper than the US version.

And our steering wheels are on the wrong side.

So having said all that... Is there any chance an OEM FDII skid plate could be fitted to my car?

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
819 Posts
I've got a 2014 FDII. I've had the front skid plate off a few times. It bolts to the front cross member/sub frame, the metal brace between the engine and trans,and the crossbar that's under the radiator. Check the front corners of the sub frame and the brace for holes with nuts welded to the inside. The crossbar under the radiator should have 3 holes in it that bolt clips attach to. My guess is that the wholes/nuts will be there, as it's probably cheaper to use the same parts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Patriot currently has a plastic skid plate in place that appears to be the same shape and size of the steel skid plate I've seen in photos. I don't know if US versions have the same?

Is it possible that I can't see the "holes" you're talking about because the plastic skid plate is using them?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Yes, that's possible. I've never been under a Patriot with the plastic cover, so I wouldn't really know. Can you post pics of the front and rear of the plastic cover?

·
Use the SEARCH feature
1,434 Posts
The plastic does cover the holes where the rivnuts would have to be installed so the plate(s) can be mounted.
You can see pics of the install in this thread: MK Skid plate installation: Compass and FD1 Patriot

Below is a pic of mine.

You're going to have to pull the plastic splash plate off and verify there are holes in the same general location.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Commenting because I’m curious too. It seems like there are very little options for skid plates besides ones that are included/sold alongside lift kits and the few front skid plate options by Mazulla and such. Front skids are only one part of what really needs protection when wheeling.

snaptube vidmate word to pdf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts