Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I've lurked around here plenty of times looking at most likely causes for different issues and finally thought I'd just make an account. I have a 2014 Jeep Patriot with 130k miles on it and for the most part it still runs good. It has a new compressor, throttle body, starter, battery, front strut assemblies, sway bar links/bushings, and as of today a front left control arm. Except for the compressor, I like to DIY as it saves money and I feel good after a successful repair job. I'm also a recent graduate with a degree in mechanical engineering and now get the joy of job hunting. I look forward to being part of this community!

KM

·
Super Moderator
8,570 Posts
Welcome! You've done a lot of work on that buggy! I've got a 2014 but so far the only repairs have been the front wheel bearings. Good luck with your job hunt!

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,121 Posts
Welcome to the group!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the invite! The wife has been wanting me to get rid of my pat for a year now and trade it in for a subaru that she wants to drive while I would be driving her 2012 Ford Focus which is riddled with issues...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome! You've done a lot of work on that buggy! I've got a 2014 but so far the only repairs have been the front wheel bearings. Good luck with your job hunt!
I have and I’m not done yet. I have a short laundry list of things

-Front wheel bearings (thank you Sandstone)
-passenger cv axel (also thanks to sandstone)
-Passenger control arm
-Unknown squeaking from the rear suspension
-Tranny flush
-New tires
-Gotta research if a 140v alternator would be safe/compatible
-Figure out why there’s a knock when it’s cold out
-Lastly, I saw a cool post here where there were USB ports coming out of the rear center console

See? Not too bad. And thank you! I’ll be jumping through fiery hoops pretty soon to find work.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Welcome and this Forum is helpful

tell her she can buy her own car with her own money, , if you bought it and want to keep it then tell her to go Fly a kite

1 - 8 of 8 Posts