Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, just reached my first 500km last night on the first full tank of gas, with still just less than a quarter of a tank to spare. I'm at 535km now and I'll probably need to fill up before heading home. that's pretty decent mileage for the break in period, yes :smiley_thumbs_up: ? mind you, I haven't taken the thing over 100km/h yet...ha! and it's mostly highway kms.

on a side note, I have the 09 Pat 2.4L with the CVT, and I notice that when I take my foot of the gas a little then accelerate again, it seems to jerk a bit.
I'm wondering if it's because it's still in it's break in period or a CVT thing? thanks all. can't wait to make lil tiny mods to put my stamp on it :banana:

·
Level 3 Supporter
758 Posts
http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10707&highlight=kickback

the transmission thing is discussed somewhere I just can't find that particular thread at the moment something about coupling/decoupling at about 1500rpm. The above thread is more a discussion about the CVT in general.

Excellent report on the gas mileage, i seem to have settled in at just under 28MPG (imperial) about 70/30 city/hwy miles.
Now that you have baby'd the first 500km, you should get it into varying rpm conditions, nothing crazy, I took mine out on the freeway and punched it a few times to get to 4000rpm, etc. Break in recommendations on page 68 of the 2009 owners manual.

Canada is a big place - care to cheer for your province, region or hometown:)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that link. i did try to floor the gas pedal a few times today and was surprised at how much pep it has.

by the way, i'm reppin Toronto :banana:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts