Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting for an ordered to spec Jeep Patriot North Edition (or North All Season, as the options are all there), and have a question about one of the options.

I was told that the remote start was part of the Security and Cargo Convenience Group, and would be installed regardless of transmission type. After looking online at the Mopar site, it would seem the Mopar remote starter cannot be installed on a standard transmission vehicle. However, it was apparently available on two of the standard transmission pats available in the area.

So here's the question: Has anyone had the factory remote start included with a standard transmission? If it won't be included, I'd like to know so I can start figuring out which model to get. Anyone familiar with Manitoba at this time of year knows how important this is...

Thanks,

Gaz

·
Registered
7 Posts
The fine print on the 2010 brochure says the remote start is for CVT or CVT2L vehicles only. So when I ordered my pat I had them put in the comments section that if a remote start is not included, they would install a 2way starter no charge

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang. Wish I would've looked at a brochure and thought to do the same. Looks like I've got to start looking for a remote start. I'll probably rag on the dealer a bit when it comes in and see if they'll offset the cost - after all, the cost of the option group is the same regardless of transmission.

Thanks for the response.

G

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
The problem with installing a remote start on a standard trans is when someone decides to leave it in gear and then starts it. CRASH! So, while it possible to install one via clutch signal bypass, not a good idea.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
The problem with installing a remote start on a standard trans is when someone decides to leave it in gear and then starts it. CRASH! So, while it possible to install one via clutch signal bypass, not a good idea.
QFT

And it's a good idea to leave your car in gear (reverse unless downhill) while parked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts