Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I an trying to install Bluetooth into my 2011 Jeep Patriot with factory parts but I didn't buy a module brand new I went and took one out of a junked 2014 grand caravan. And I have a harness and everything and need to get the jeep programed still but I was wondering if the module is vehicle specific or if it will work. Because when I plug it into the jeep it seems to make the jeep go crazy and flash all the lights and turn on and off the headlights. And ideas?

·
Registered
247 Posts
https://www.justforjeeps.com/cesyuchafr.html

You may have the wrong part and the dealership needs to program the vehicle's computer, in order to activate it. It will cost you significant cheese. It's really not worth the trouble and you should just upgrade the radio to a modern GPS-capable unit with Bluetooth built-in, as the factory hardware all has the older Bluetooth that isn't made for today's phones. You'll also need to install an interior microphone, which is a pain in the ass and unavoidable. The easiest solution is to simply get a $20-$30 hands-free Bluetooth speaker for the visor and go with that.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm not sure what the CAN Bus speed is in a Caravan, but the Patriot uses a low speed CAN Bus. You definately need a low speed module for your Patriot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts